Bulgaria Meet 25th August 2014

Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

This was Martins (strimstrum) idea but i stole it and shall take the credit if its a winner.

Each day we intend to be able to take you to some of the great sights and roads that Bulgaria has to offer and to return to the camp each night for a quick shower and a nice cold beer.

We also intend for the off roaders to arrange some fairly easy off road tracks ( GS suitable)through the countryside.

For those who find this a little daunting i am willing to lead a group from the UK into Bulgaria maybe a three day ride.

This meet on 25th August 2014 you are invited to an ABR meeting in Bulgaria at the motto camp motosapiens.org . We have spoken to the owners of the camp and they are all for it. On site is camping facilities with showers and toilets and there are five rooms with two single beds in each.

Rooms are there but they are going fast as this is proving a very popular meet - there will be camping also at the meet and you can sort this out directly with the motto camp for booking a room or pay on arrival for camping direct to the owners. As is the amazing ethos of the ABR forum, there is ZERO cash made from these meetings. The time, effort and dedication from other forum members is given free to help and inspire others to do the same. Without them the world would be a much sadder place to be.

Hidden in the lap of the Balkan Mountains, far from the madness of the daily round. It looks like the time has been stopped here more than 100 years ago. Beautiful wild nature, less than 100 people. The village is surrounded by big and small hills, many small streams, a beautiful lake good for fishing, many forest tracks with incredible views and places for picnics. Wild fruits - forest strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, mushrooms and many wholesome herbs are growing in the meadows around.

Cosy rooms, a living room - bar and BBQ area where you can cook your own
food or we can do it up on request. Free WIFI internet, free safe parking for the motorcycles, free using of our garage facilities and tools, free cable TV.

also offer:

=> Airport transportation

=> Motorcycle storage

=> Bike recovery service

=> Maintenance and repair's arranged

=> Tyre service arranged

=> Off road bike hire

=> Laundry

=> Shopping and sightseeing transport

=> EU green card liability insurance

=> We are open to private, group's meetings and parties with or without catering. (booking in advance)

=> Visiting Motocross track #1 in the World - Grand Prix Gorna Rositza for the World or European championships in classes MX1 and MX2. (booking in advance)

If you would like to come to the meet then please register on the event page so that we have an idea of who is coming.

Bulgaria Meet Registration.

There will be t-shirts available for the trip and the design is open to suggestion - so get those creative juices flowing! :woohoo:
James691

Post by James691 »

Sounds like a FANTASTIC idea! :)

I think it would be great fun just getting there!
Dancing in the moonlight
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

Sounds a great idea B)
markoh

Post by markoh »

I like it. Second half of August preferred.
Lone-Tiger

Post by Lone-Tiger »

Sounds like a bit of a "real" adventure...even just riding there would be an adventure in itself! :) Don't know a lot about the country has anyone been before??

Cheers

Brendan
Heff

Post by Heff »

This might be a ' Could Do' for me if the dates suit :woohoo:

Tent for me though if I go
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
dave j

Post by dave j »

Sounds good!
KTM 1290 Super Adventure T - Power!
KTM 690 Enduro R - lighter to pick up
Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 - Fun.

Even our dogs are orange.

Only bikers understand why dogs put their heads out of car windows.
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Yes' yes and yes again. Firm up some dates so I can get them booked now. B)
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
strimstrum

Post by strimstrum »

Just a little bit of info about Bulgaria...the Motocamp currently costs around £10 per person per night in the rooms and around £5 per night camping (breakfast included). Beer is around 90p a pint - ciggies around £2 per pack of 20, weather in August usually hot and sunny every day above 30 degrees. Istanbul is only 600 kms away, Greece maybe a 4 hour ride. Despite everything you have ever read or heard about Bulgaria, it is a wonderful country with mountains, lakes and hundreds of miles of off road tracks and the people are very welcoming. Crime in this area is extremely low.

The Motocamp also has facilities for servicing bikes and me and Mark have facilities to recover bikes if they break down in this area and Polly, Doug, Ivo and Peach from the Motocamp all have excellent networks for bikers who need help in Bulgaria.
popmaddocks

Post by popmaddocks »

sounds good depending on dates im up for it :P

Return to “ABR Bulgaria Rally 25th August 2014”