Bulgaria Meet 25th August 2014

Phil

Post by Phil »

if its late Aug or early sept (which i would prefer) i would be up for it. :)
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

What i was thinking and what meets with the camp sometime in August. The motto camp is very interested for group visits at that time, and there may just be a little discount for a group booking, but to be honest the place is cheap enough anyhow and i have stayed there twice now. So start putting up some dates and we shall just go by the majority.
Just to add you don't have to visit Bulgaria and the motto camp when we say, it,s always open and you will always be welcomed. Martin has a place close by and he will always pop down and say hi and share a cold beer with you. Me well i don't know, looks like i shall be here till September and next year well i may well be here for the summer if Martin can put up with me .
I see Martin has posted a few comments and believe me the place is good and friendly.
I first visited Bulgaria some 15 years ago and swore i would never return, but i am so pleased i was persuaded to return it has changed so much for the better and just hope the EU don't change the place to much with some of the idiotic laws that they seem to push out at a whim.
We have again spoken to Polly from the motto camp and we have decided time permitting to get out and explore some of the trails and sites and take loads of pics and vids for you all .... but just to wet your whistle her are a few photos of whats within 1 km of us
bulgariamay013.jpg
bulgariamay013.jpg (53.66 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
bulgariamay012.jpg
bulgariamay012.jpg (45.45 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
bulgariamay016.jpg
bulgariamay016.jpg (45.58 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
bulgariamay015.jpg
bulgariamay015.jpg (49.51 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
popmaddocks

Post by popmaddocks »

Late august/sept sounds good to me
James691

Post by James691 »

Topic stickied ;)

This has 'winner' written all over it!
Dancing in the moonlight
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Very interested in this.
I've driven to Split when Yougoslavia existed, so not much further to Bulgaria.
I've also driven to Cyprus quite a few times via Brindisi, Ancona, Igoumenitsa,Peraias,Patra & Venice. Diferent times & diferent journeys.
Sorting the ferries on these routes was always a problem with the timing.
The drive across Greece & then up through Italy & across western Europe was always interesting.
From what I can remember the ferries were cheap & basic & you could sleep on the deck, o & cook on the deck but that was about 20 years ago.
On the Greek ferries the Bazouki would go on all night.
Put me down as a Definate maybe please. Brian.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Andysr6

Post by Andysr6 »

I have ridden around Bulgaria 3 times in the last 6 years and highly recommend it. Fantastic country for trail riding. Andy
James691

Post by James691 »

The place will hore trail bikes also, so if you wanted to use the Adventure 'monster' and save the TKC tread you could hire a bike there for the odd day and road ride on others by the looks of it.

But this is Bushy and Martin's baby and leave the meet to them - the place looks amazing and I have been down that way before.

1800ish miles of fun and frolicks just getting there.

Bushy and Martin - How long you thinking of putting this on for? I know you're just bouncing ideas at this stage but it has my buzzed just thinking about a line of ABR bikes cutting down to the Balkans! :woohoo:
Dancing in the moonlight
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

@ James " But this is Bushy and Martin's baby " nah it's for all of us , we shall just try and arrange what people want to do, plenty of time yet. James not sure what you mean by how long we are putting this on for, The camp is always open and once you know the ropes you would always be welcome.

You are right bikes can be hired i shall find out details and for those whose time is limited there may be a possibility of flying into Sofia , we could collect you ( small fee involved to cover fuel) it,s a bit of a jaunt into Sofia and takes around 3 hours so thats a 6 hour round trip. Easy jet fly in and out daily so some cheap flights may be had from Stanstead Manchester and Gatwick and Whizz air from luton..
Also Martin has a 7 seater here so while some go mud plugging, or pillions who get saddle sore a site seeing trip by car could be arranged

The other option open is the camp could store a bike for winter and on your return in the spring you could explore further east.
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Phil wrote:if its late Aug or early sept (which i would prefer) i would be up for it. :)

This suits me as well :cheer: . Brian.
Lightness is everything.

picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Andysr6 wrote:I have ridden around Bulgaria 3 times in the last 6 years and highly recommend it. Fantastic country for trail riding. Andy
Be nice to do a mini tour & fly camp while over there.
Not too bike trashing bearing in mind that it's 1300 miles back.
Lightness is everything.

Return to “ABR Bulgaria Rally 25th August 2014”