Bulgaria Meet 25th August 2014

utaka

Re: Bulgaria Meet 25th August 2014

Post by utaka »

Due to the loss of so many ABR forum members, would it not be better to revert to the original date?, I can see many have already booked for that original date. I can not make the August date but 'hey ho'. I am only posting what I am sure a number of riders are thinking!
strimstrum

Post by strimstrum »

utaka wrote:Due to the loss of so many ABR forum members, would it not be better to revert to the original date?, I can see many have already booked for that original date. I can not make the August date but 'hey ho'. I am only posting what I am sure a number of riders are thinking!
I seem to have missed something here......

Firstly, the date hasn't yet been changed as Mark only asked for comments on the possibility of a date change and then we could assess the reaction and go with the majority.

Secondly, from the feedback on this thread it appears only a couple of folks cannot make a date change and the majority are OK with a change.

There is plenty of time to agree a final date and I am sure Mark will deal with this soon. You can, of course, come anytime to the Motocamp as it is open April to October.

Whatever date is agreed I am looking forward to it :)
utaka

Post by utaka »

I know how difficult it is and you can't please everybody regards dates, at some point I would love to visit the Motocamp, I have a friend who has just moved across to that part of the world so I could combine the two visits.
Elle

Post by Elle »

I realise I'm sticking my oar in when I'm not actually attending but this does seem a bit odd. Based on the original suggestion, some booked accommodation, others booked ferries. Why encourage folk to do that if the dates weren't confirmed? Now you're saying the event hasn't been changed? :huh:

I think you're making a big assumption that if people haven't objected, they're happy with the new dates. Not everyone will re-read this thread because members are no longer automatically subscribed to a thread and it's easy to assume that the latest post is just someone else adding their name to the list.

It may be a pain, but perhaps send a personal message to everyone who said they'll attend. I think you can create a Poll on the forum too :)

I do hope it works out, looks a great place for an event of this type (thumbs) - listened to a podcast from Lois yesterday & she mentioned motocamp in her interview :cheer:
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
jonperry64

Post by jonperry64 »

As has been said, the potential date change was only a suggestion and request for feedback. Mark stressed that:"It's your trip your decision". Just a thought though, if the date were changed for the 'main event', is there any reason why those who are unable to change dates couldn't go as an independent group?
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

As a newbie to ABR I was thinking of putting my name down for this trip but was really surprised this week when I read that there was a proposal to change the dates because some 'person' (never heard of him myself) would like to attend but could only come if the trip was moved forward a week or two!!!

You say that nothing has yet been decided but It seems as though it has to the casual observer

I won't be throwing my hat into the ring just yet then but will check back in the months ahead for updates

Confused from Leigh
Míde

Post by Míde »

Have to say I'm surprised at some of the reaction. This trip is more than 8 months away!!
I would've thought that for most people that's enough time to change things.

I wonder how many people have booked ferries?! Those that have should have no trouble changing them.
The accommodation booking will be moved forward if the dates change.

There are only 1 reply thus far to say they can't do the proposed new dates out of 4 pages of replies.

Out of interest how many people had put their names down for this?!
cocker

Post by cocker »

the trip may be 8 months away, but some other people here may be like myself, in that come january the 1st the new holiday period starts at work, and it's a first come first served basis for me, so maybe like me some people like to have there holidays planned and ready to put in at work before january the 1st, so they are secure in the knowledge they have those days booked in and confirmed at work, then plan the rest of the trip from there.usually that is always my first priority regarding work and holidays.get em banged in before anyone else does,
James691

Post by James691 »

I know I have to book holidays for the family as well as work out what events and industry things are going on to try and plan as best I can to be there - the more you work with motorcycles it seems the less time you have to ride them! :)

Still, it is the best job in the world for me.

I will be going to Bulgaria for the 25th meeting regardless - so there will be an event on for that date and I will be riding over so I'm happy to take a group. I'm not a fan of changing dates unless there is no other way of holding the event - it sends the wrong message in the past - if it changes once, will it change again? Tends to be the psychology for some. Europe is a bit of a commitment for many people and for some this may be their 'main event' of the year.

So those that have booked there is an ABR Forum Meeting for the 25th August 2014 and for those that still want to come.

If there is a secondary meeting the week before then great and I know Mark and Strim are just trying to give you all the best possible event they can - they go out of their way to put on a meeting out of their own time at no charge, so thank you both very much.

I'd say if there is to be a secondary meeting then a new event and thread would be the best way to go in order to give stability to the event and aid in confidence for people making a time and financial commitment with possible family and childcare commitments in that box to boot.

So please do not stress or worry - there will be an ABR meeting on the 25th at the Motocamp for August 2014. Those wish to add a week or go to the event sooner and leave sooner may do so too. It just means that more people may be able to go, just on another week but I will set this one (25th August 2014) as done and dusted.

Cheers

James

It's going to be a wonderful year :)
Dancing in the moonlight
strimstrum

Post by strimstrum »

jonperry64 wrote:As has been said, the potential date change was only a suggestion and request for feedback. Mark stressed that:"It's your trip your decision". Just a thought though, if the date were changed for the 'main event', is there any reason why those who are unable to change dates couldn't go as an independent group?
There is no reason why a second independent group cannot make the same trip at a different time - Motocamp is open April to October and I will still be here to give the same advice and take road/off road trips.

I have asked Mark to make a final decision on dates soon so plans can be made by those who need to.

Other than that we only offered this trip on a volunteer basis and it would be a shame if we have to drop it because it has got too messy and political as we can do without that kind of stuff - it's supposed to be a fun adventure so let's all relax and look forward to it. I am 100% committed to it. I am sure Mark will post shortly so that we all know where we are. One of the many facets of what makes an adventure is unexpected change and as someone pointed out above it is 8 months away and a lot can happen in everyone's individual lives between then and now.

I am busy putting together some good day trips - places to see, scenery, somewhere to eat etc etc. Nothing else to do here at the moment as we snow...Brrrrr !

Martin

Return to “ABR Bulgaria Rally 25th August 2014”