Salisbury Plain Rally - so how was it for you

sexysi

Re: Salisbury Plain Rally - so how was it for you

Post by sexysi »

Just like to say a big thanks to Mike for arranging this, well done dude. Nice to meet loads of people who have had a great time.
As Mike says it is great seeing people's faces after the ride and during the ride. This is what it is all about and why they call these things we ride Adventure bikes.

Now you lot have had a taster at what these bikes can do, I'm sure there we be a load of new farkles appearing on the forum :woohoo:

A big thanks to the guys that I rode off with, I hope you all had fun and will ride with me again. The 2nd man system was a dream, didn't loose anyone and the pace was mint! (thumbs).
Trouble is now, the lanes can only get harder and harder, as you lot push yourselves, take it easy and try and ride in pairs a least. Hopefully it will mean more people using the lanes and thus them staying open.

I can't believe my group haven't done this type of riding before, I had a great laugh at a break neck pace, just what the doctor ordered TA (thumbs)

Nice to meet up with olly and is misses, the Orpington lot and Ricky, hopefully we will have a blast in Norway......

Photos and video's to come, just trying to get the mud out of all the cracks at the moment :pinch:

Cheers guys

PS Want to see a good write up in the ABR mag, and does anyone mind if i borrow a couple of stills, as I want to make a video with images of the whole weekend.

Thanks again Mike! see you on the lanes.

si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

l8ktm

Post by l8ktm »

sexysi wrote:
PS Want to see a good write up in the ABR mag, and does anyone mind if i borrow a couple of stills, as I want to make a video with images of the whole weekend.

Thanks again Mike! see you on the lanes.

si
You are welcome to any of mine Sexysi, a few more will appear later.
coyotedave

Post by coyotedave »

Great weekend but on by mike. Nice to see his smiling face this time, unlike Ullapool, :):):).

Great road ride out led by a very capable and knowledgable local guy who not only led us to great historical sites but explained a bit about each sites history.

Mike, please pass on our thanks to him when you next see him.

Would be nice to see more road riders next year as there is plenty to see without seeing who can get the dirtiest and wettest first.
There are some lovely villages and towns to explore.

Thanks again to mike for all his efforts in putting this together.

Cheers Dave + Michelle.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

glad you all had a great weekend on the plain..its best in November after a months rain...there are far more trails near bye...all big bike friendly with suitable tyres...

Mike101..want to borrow a rim straightneing hammer :lol: ..those holes fight back
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Tramp wrote:glad you all had a great weekend on the plain..its best in November after a months rain...there are far more trails near bye...all big bike friendly with suitable tyres...

Mike101..want to borrow a rim straightneing hammer :lol: ..those holes fight back
Cheers Russ but that wasn't my bike.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Bikerbaz800

Post by Bikerbaz800 »

Hi Mike,

Oops posted last message in the wrong place. Just want to say thanks and well done for organising and leading a great ride out over the Plain on Saturday. The Transalp held up and clocked over 300 miles for the day including getting me home. All being well see you next year if I dont see you before then.

Baz
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

sexysi wrote:Excellent photos mate. Love the first one. That needs to be your new avatar.
si

Here is one for you Si!
Attachments
20140816_082124_HDR.jpg
20140816_082124_HDR.jpg (66.11 KiB) Viewed 2043 times
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Barftone

Post by Barftone »

Well done organisers. Looks like great fun. Shame I was in the Alps having fun and missed out
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Brenhden wrote:
sexysi wrote:Excellent photos mate. Love the first one. That needs to be your new avatar.
si

Here is one for you Si!
Is he taking a selfie in his pants with his lid on....I guess that's why them call him sexy?

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

Excellent picture, mate love it. Time to change the Avatar, but that is the way stewie likes me ;)

Cheers Si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Return to “ABR Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014”