Exmoor Rally December 2013

Tigerman1962

Re: Exmoor Rally December 2013

Post by Tigerman1962 »

Thanks to Devon John, Tredown, Big Tim and anyone else who helped organise this weekend. It really was excellent. Met lots of new faces and plenty of old ones!! ;)

Also many thanks to Rob Wills and Swiss Tony for leading the Green lane ride out. Although I suspect they wondered what was going on, started off with eight guys to lead and by about 1pm were down to two! Punctures and KTM clutch troubles causing people to drop out. Hope your clutch problem isn't to expensive to repair Steve.

Hope to see you all on other rallies in the future. :)
Bigtim

Post by Bigtim »

I hope everyone had a safe and dry ride home and made it home in one piece.

Thank you to all who came to our little gathering it was a good one. Thank you to all the people who couldn't make it and had the decency to let us know you couldn't make it, and to all the people who didn't turn up and didn't let us know despite numerous requests, we know who you are and your cards are marked.

On the plus side £345 was transferred to the Devon Air Ambulance charity by Rick this afternoon.

I would also like to thank our Hosts Martin and Christine for allowing us to spoil the peace and quiet of their little bit of Devon.

Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year

See you at the next one

Big Tim
Womble

Post by Womble »

I just like to echo what's been said by others, thanks for organising this, such an amazing set up. I've been to a fair number of rallies over the years and this was superb. Thank you for all the hard work guys, take the rest of the day off ;)

Even the weather gave us something to talk about!

Cheers

Adrian aka Womble
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
aliwakeskate

Post by aliwakeskate »

Massive thanks to all who helped make this an awesome rally (thumbs). A fantastic weekend!

bob uk

Post by bob uk »

Just to echo what every one is saying
Thanks guys for a very well run friendly and informal event
I will defiantly try and get to the next one and will stay for the whole weekend this time and not wimp out on the Saturday
Bob
redtape

Post by redtape »

Big thank you to all that organised this wonderful weekend, and to all sorry cannot remember all your names that made me feel welcome. I had a great time at a great location, great food, great tent, great company, great roads, great great great...... Cheers to the guys on the WOW ride back along the coast and across Exmoor.

Hope to meet up again soon.

Ta very much Bryan
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Thanks for your company today Bryan, we had a great ride. Cheers to Mike for leading us along the coast and across the moor and to Picos Bryan for being great company. Catch up again soon I hope.
Real men ride twins ;-)
pcayuela

Post by pcayuela »

Wot they said! A big thanks to all for a great weekend.
Pedro (thumbs)
ratass

Post by ratass »

I know I was only able to make for a few hrs on sat but It was plain to see the effort and organisation that went into the rally and I am sure that I and all who attended greatly appreciate it,Thank you, it was great to meet and put some faces to names and to sit in the mess tent and yap for few hrs,this was my first but no way is it my last rally, bring it on.
Jon
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Thank you John, Tim, Big Tim, Rick & the campsite owners for a great weekend.
The organization & facilities you laid on were superb. (thumbs)
Weather was awfull (BBC got it wrong again) but everything else was so good it didn't matter.

Steve was pretty good as well. Even the mighty 990 wasn't man enough for his tender touches. :whistle:
Shame on all those who booked food & didn't turn up. It all still has to be paid for so I guess the air ambulance lost out.
55 promises & only 36 stalwarts showed.

Great crowd & great fun.
Better than telly.
Lets hope we get another one next year.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.

Return to “December 2013 - ABR Exmoor Rally 6th, 7th 8th”