Exmoor Rally December 2013

RICK

Re: Exmoor Rally December 2013

Post by RICK »

The ABR Exmoor rally raised £345.00 this year for the Devon Air Ambulance. I would like to thank Christine for the evening meals, she catered for 50 people and we were short by about 10 or 15 so she very kindly did not charge for the extra meals, even though they were eaten, and also made a donation to the Charity. From all of us who had 2nd's a massive Thank you.
Also a big thank you to Tim ( Tredown ) with out whom we would not have had a mess tent to eat, drink & keep warm in. (thumbs)
A big thank's to all who came and made it possible from us down here. B)
RICK

Post by RICK »

tea007 wrote:Two wheels on and battery fitted now my maths gcse exam to do first
Argh
Hope you get the bike sorted soon.
markoh

Post by markoh »

Thanks for another great rally.

Cheers
Mark
Don1960

Post by Don1960 »

Great Rally, great turnout and great people ... after my first Rally wanting more ! Thanks to all who put this together !
Andreas
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

A huge thankyou to all the ugly Devon buggers for putting on a great rally, thanks for your hard work. Its nice to be back over the border with normal folk ;) :kiss:
Real men ride twins ;-)
peterpan241

Post by peterpan241 »

A great big thank you to all who toiled before, during & after to ensure a very enjoyable weekend, at their expense and for the good of this club / forum's members (thumbs) . A big thank you to all those who travelled many miles to make it a success even though it would have been easier to stay at home at this time of year :cheer: . There were more names on the attendance list than attendees, there were some apologies but also a big silence from the 'lost in service' :( .
We had a fantastic welcome at a fabulous location, eat waist-threatening fresh prepared food, enjoyed over 140 miles of gorgeous guided Exmoor/Devon countryside (even with a dead battery!). I caught up with some old friends and made some new ones :woohoo: .
But most of all we hopefully raised some much needed funds for the Air Ambulance Services, which hopefully none of us will ever need. A pat on the back to Andreas who selflessly donated his cash raffle prize to the charity :)
Adventure before Dementia
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Being previously an ABR Rally virgin I got home a couple of hours ago from the Exmoor Rally, which was superbly organised.

I'd like to thank the organisers Devon John, Tredown and Bigtim for all the hard work they each put in to make the Rally such a great event. Thanks also to Bob for leading the ride out on Saturday - probably going to take me weeks to get all the crud off the bike, never seen it so filthy. :laugh: Also thanks to Christine for the tasty, and very welcome, evening meals.

Also good to meet the other Rally goers, put names to faces and have a good laugh. Lots of good memories
stored and looking forward to the next one.

Thank you all,

Paul :)
luckiegar

Post by luckiegar »

big thank you to all totally spoilt on this rally (thumbs)
gary
lonepilgrim

Post by lonepilgrim »

Onwards and upwards to the shropshire rally but whos organising that one?
ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 2012

HUBB Donington Park 2013

ABR Exmoor Rally 2013

Member of the Kawasaki Riders Club

My bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KLX 250 E3

1989 Kawasaki Tengai KL650 B1

Previous bikes: 2009 Yamaha YZF R125 Fiat Team / Rossi Replica
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Just got home in the old Fiat and managed a bit of sorting out--the rest can wait for a bit !--have a few aches and pains ! (crashed twice on the trail ride--one definitely my fault on the road where I used the escape ditch--and one I blame on slippery Devon rock!)

Just to say a big thank you to the organisers--our own quiet corner, warm army tent, mulled wine, meals on wheels, scones, bacon baps, verbal abuse, electric hook ups , very posh facilities--and quite a challenging day on the trails!(stories to emerge I'm sure!) To those who missed it you really missed a good one.

Return to “December 2013 - ABR Exmoor Rally 6th, 7th 8th”