ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 27th - 29th Sept 2013 *Sign Up Thread*

JockC

Re: ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 27th - 29th Sept 2013 *Sign Up Thread*

Post by JockC »

Could you withdraw my name from the list. Work and family mean I can't get the time.
Cheers

Jock
Whats around the next corner?
diver1

Post by diver1 »

Can you please remove my name from the list.
Can't make it due to family matters.
Cheers,
John
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

LargeWayRound wrote:List updated Guys

Hopefully the great weather will continue , its like a summers day here in aberdeen today ..

Bring it on !

LWR
A question for you LWR.

Given the time we have and the time of year and the predicted weather...what single thing would you do in and around Ullapool on this Saturday furing the day. What is the best thing i can do or see while i'm there?

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Ron McFaull

Post by Ron McFaull »

Hi, I have been reading all the messages with interest since I put my name down to attend a few weeks back. It seems as if you all know one another. I am very much looking forward to the trip and hope I don't end up "Billy No Mates"! Kind regards, Ron.
DogManStar

Post by DogManStar »

Ron McFaull wrote:Hi, I have been reading all the messages with interest since I put my name down to attend a few weeks back. It seems as if you all know one another. I am very much looking forward to the trip and hope I don't end up "Billy No Mates"! Kind regards, Ron.
I'm of the same feeling as this will be my first rally as have only passed my test, I'm bringing my girlfriend with me so at least I will know one person, but from what I've been reading I think I will be leaving with a few friends.
I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work - Thomas Alva Edison (1847 - 1931)
mawse

Post by mawse »

Ron / DogManStar

Since my first Ullapool rally (the first one to be held a couple of years ago) Ive made some really good friends.

You will not end up billy no mates, we are a very friendly bunch. Just pop over and have a chat to people. You might even get a beer :woohoo:
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

DogManStar wrote:
Ron McFaull wrote:Hi, I have been reading all the messages with interest since I put my name down to attend a few weeks back. It seems as if you all know one another. I am very much looking forward to the trip and hope I don't end up "Billy No Mates"! Kind regards, Ron.
I'm of the same feeling as this will be my first rally as have only passed my test, I'm bringing my girlfriend with me so at least I will know one person, but from what I've been reading I think I will be leaving with a few friends.
Hey me too...i've met Elle for 15 mins before but nobody else.

lets have a billy no mates corner when we get there. Maybe we should all wear name badges stuck to out foreheads so we know who we all are.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Mike101 wrote:
LargeWayRound wrote:List updated Guys

Hopefully the great weather will continue , its like a summers day here in aberdeen today ..

Bring it on !

LWR
A question for you LWR.

Given the time we have and the time of year and the predicted weather...what single thing would you do in and around Ullapool on this Saturday furing the day. What is the best thing i can do or see while i'm there?

Mike
The weather forecast is looking better today ..

But since you are driving a long way to get to the rally , you may not want to venture far on saturday , drive south the 12 miles to the A832 Gairloch turnoff , 500 yards park in the car park and have a stroll to Corrieshalloch Gorge
Last year there was a burger van for coffee etc .

http://www.nts.org.uk/Property/Corriesh ... e-Reserve/#

If the weather is playing ball , pop *Altandhu* into your GPS and enjoy some of the awesome single track roads , views to the summer isles .

There is a smokehouse (best smoked salmon) and a pub .. nothing much else ..

But the road is great !

For Ullapool Itself , walking from Campsite .

Fish and Chips (The seaforth takeaway) , sit by harbour

History of Loch Broom & Ullapool , if you are into that !
http://www.ullapoolmuseum.co.uk/
Ullapool Museum & Visitor Centre
7 & 8 West Argyle Street
Ullapool
Ross-shire
IV26 2TY

Plenty of shops , baker , butcher , newsagent, cafes and tourist shops to browse .
Ullapool is not a big village but a pleasant afternoon stroll.

The cafe down on the sea front is very nice (the frigate) WIFI also I believe.

Errrr

Thats about it , well as far as I can remember (I live 150 mile away remember)

Bring it on ! :)
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Ron & dogmanstar

I only personally know about 20 - 30 people .. that have popped there name down ..

You can pop by the HQ and hang out , wander over to groups and say hello .
Get chatting to people and making friends will come naturally .

Does someone look like they need help ? . Tents, bike , etc .. In the spirit of ABRing ... Get stuck in there and help ..

Does someone look lost or alone .... go over and strike up a conversation ..

It takes everyone's input for a successful event ..

LWR
The Wilbur

Post by The Wilbur »

Keep an eye peeled for the arrival of The Wilbur arriving on The Zombie, introduce yourself, then help me put up my new tent ..... which has not been out of the bag yet :whistle:

Will have Malt Whisky available as an incentive :P
SUCK : SQUEEZE : BANG : BLOW

www.f650.co.uk

Return to “September 2013 - ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 27th, 28th, 29th”