ABR Midlands Rally 23-25th Aug 2013 Sign up Thread

PHILinFRANCE

Re: ABR Midlands Rally 23-25th Aug 2013 Sign up Thread

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Me and Layla are just back in Manchester , fantastic W/E great to meet friends old and new.

Big thanks to all the CHIEFS for sorting out an outstanding rally and all for making an almost JONNY FORIGNER welcome.

Lastly thanks to Jimbo650 James for leading us home.

Phil x Layla

Pics to follow
Manchester Moon Bear

Post by Manchester Moon Bear »

Just got back home to Manchester with with my poppa 'PHILinFRANCE' had such a great weekend meeting lots of new people! Will be getting my test passed ASAP so I can make an ass of myself next year :laugh: Thanks to everybody, genuinely some of the best people I have met for a long time!
special one

Post by special one »

PHILinFRANCE wrote:Me and Layla are just back in Manchester , fantastic W/E great to meet friends old and new.

Big thanks to all the CHIEFS for sorting out an outstanding rally and all for making an almost JONNY FORIGNER welcome.

Lastly thanks to Jimbo650 James for leading us home.

Phil x Layla

Pics to follow
Was good to meet you Phil, you've got a great attitude to life, one I want to follow at some point in my life, might have to persuade my wife a bit more though yet :)
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
johnnington

Post by johnnington »

Home after an eventful return trip. 3 days off roading and not 1 puncture so it's just my luck that I get one on the M1 about 20 mins from home. Luckily and surprisingly the recovery people didn't take too long and I thought I'd best not be throwing tyre levers around in anger on the hard shoulder. Never got your name but thanks to the dude in the red Carter van for stopping, much appreciated.

Many thanks to Alun and all who worked on the rally, it was superb and now cannot wait until the next.

I shall be uploading my videos of the ride shortly, hopefully some of the off's will come out well

Hope to see you all soon

John (82 Honda XL500R)
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Despite my frowning and huffing and puffing, I did in fact get the Beige Beemer out of the field with ease and without incident. One of those, what was all the fuss about? moments to myself once back on the black stuff.

It did have a payoff, however. I stopped in Abergavenny on the way back where there was the usual Sunday gathering of bikes at the bus station. K100LT complete with aftermarket mud and straw... so while I was picking off lumps stuck around the front brakes, I added to the lads who had just wandered over for a nose "yeah, just been off doing some green laning". That got some great looks!

This bash is great every year - and this was no exception, despite my only being able to make the one night I had a great time. Many thanks to one and all for making this happen - and I hope to see you all again soon.

Pat
Orsoncarts

Post by Orsoncarts »

A huge thank you to the organisers of this rally, Teej and myself had a fantastic weekend, can't wait till the next one...
Steve
I have absolutely no idea how to add a signature....!
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Unpacked, bike cleaned, about to have dinner - result ;)
What a fabulous rally. :woohoo: Thanks to all who made it such a brilliant weekend. :P
Met some old friends and made some new.
Looking forward to the next one.
Wishing you a rapid recovery, Ténéré Mart - such rotten bad luck. :ohmy:
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
nathanlee

Post by nathanlee »

To mirror everybody else's comments; thanks to the organisers. The weekend was fecking brilliant!

Learned loads, experienced green lanes for the first time (can't explain the grin on my face riding in that group), and met some fantastic people.

I bottled out on camping yet another night so I've ended up in a hotel in Shrewsbury, shopping on the internet for bike bits. :)

A most heartfelt thank you to everybody who help me out, lent tools, carried my sandwich, fed me, gave advice, pushed the bike out of a muddy rut, waited with me when my front wheel ceased to rotate... the list is endless. You're all top people, and I cannot wait till the next time!
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Thanks from me as well to everyone who made my weekend an excellent one, both organisers and campers alike.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
davec

Post by davec »

Another excellent rally and a big thank you to everyone that made it happen. Here's hoping it's the same venue next year.
I got a motorbike for my wife...

Best swap I ever made.

Return to “August 2013 - ABR Midlands Rally 23rd 24th 25th”