ABR Midlands Rally 23-25th Aug 2013 Sign up Thread

Loggy

Re: ABR Midlands Rally 23-25th Aug 2013 Sign up Thread

Post by Loggy »

Sorry guys. Met my mate in Didcot this morning at 8am and the very minute I turned up it absolutely pi**ed it down. We waited at Mac D at Milton Interchange for about 45mins, but no improvement so we sacked it.

I'm so fu**ing angry. The met office forecast a dry day better than yesterday. Yesterday was forecast to be rain/heavy rain (yellow warning) all day. We didn't get a rain drop and it was also quite sunny. Today it's supposed to be dry and it's done nothing but pi** it down since 8am. All the money they pay these muppets to forecast the weather and they can't even get it right 24hrs in advance. Your better off looking at the sky and making your own judgement, couldn't be any less accurate. I would have been less pi**ed off had I not spent 6 hours washing and waxing the bike on Friday, for all the time and effort to be undone in the ten minute ride I did to Mac D and back...

Oh well. At least I haven't had to stay in Hospital like Mart! Hope you get well soon mate. I presume someone local will look after your bike?
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
special one

Post by special one »

I'm home, thanks to all for a top weekend, brilliant ride, hours of fun on the off road track, couple of things to fix on my bike but all good.

Great to meet old and new faces, this forum has some really interesting people, I'm in awe of some of them.

I've got some pics and footage I'll post up later.

Get well soon Mart btw, that's a bit of a unlucky bummer what you did :(

Phil
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Loggy wrote:Sorry guys. Met my mate in Didcot this morning at 8am and the very minute I turned up it absolutely pi**ed it down. We waited at Mac D at Milton Interchange for about 45mins, but no improvement so we sacked it.

I'm so fu**ing angry. The met office forecast a dry day better than yesterday. Yesterday was forecast to be rain/heavy rain (yellow warning) all day. We didn't get a rain drop and it was also quite sunny. Today it's supposed to be dry and it's done nothing but pi** it down since 8am. All the money they pay these muppets to forecast the weather and they can't even get it right 24hrs in advance. Your better off looking at the sky and making your own judgement, couldn't be any less accurate. I would have been less pi**ed off had I not spent 6 hours washing and waxing the bike on Friday, for all the time and effort to be undone in the ten minute ride I did to Mac D and back...

Oh well. At least I haven't had to stay in Hospital like Mart! Hope you get well soon mate. I presume someone local will look after your bike?

so what would you do if you where out for a ride and it rained :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

its a adventure bike not a baby..ride it ..get it dirty :P
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Great rally, thanks all from me & Murphy (the black lab).

GWS Tenere Mart!

Next year I'll make it on the XT and join in the muddy fun!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Just got back thanks for a good weekend B)
daryl

Post by daryl »

Also home and just about to start removing the bog slime from the bike.
This could take a while. Image

Thanks to all for a great first rally.
WrongWaySteve

Post by WrongWaySteve »

A million thanks to everyone who helped pick up the beast and the countless invaluable pieces of advice from those who helped me improve my game as the green lane day progressed.
It is undoubtedly the heaviest bike ive ever ridden.
1000 apologies to the frustrated behind me who i held up.

Thank you Alun and everyone for organising a great weekend..

Wash bike time, lick wounds and buy a new phone (my only real casualty)

GWS Mart......
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Another hugely successful ABR rally!

Thanks to all who attended to make it such a great atmosphere.
Great to catch up with old mates and make some new ones.

8 of us did my highly improvised Cotswold road ride mystery tour.....thanks girls and boys, especially my tail end Charlie Phil in France and his daughter who kept it all together at the back.

Heal quick Mart.

Final word from my excited pooch Aitch the abr mascot this weekend (flaked out on the sofa now) "thanks for the snacks and fuss"
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Gavinskii wrote:Poor old Mart, I think there are still a few spare beds on the ward :unsure:

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... -club.html
Hi Mart, Gavin et al,

So, another inmate :evil:

Put me in mind of our theme tune:

Cheers me up to know the meet was a success despite the weather - out of my plaster cast on yuesday :)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Thank you Alun for the ABR idea & making all this happen.
Thanks Treadtraders Mrs., Treadtrader & Peejay & everybody else who helped make this event a success.
Excelent 'Rally Plus' I think.
Not just a meet, but meeting up & participating together. Off roaders, Roaders & Splinter groups.
We did our own thing with the ride out this time (3 of us)& went on a round trip west away from the weather to Wales. 260 miles of superb biking roads.
As we all had GPS's we each took a 20 mile-ish section & once done waved the next man forward to take over the next section. Worked very well with each offering a differing riding style to follow & a P or T break every 60 miles or so to divide up the next section. All you each have to do is program 1 place name in your GPS every T or P break. simples :side:
IMG_6475.JPG
IMG_6475.JPG (37.37 KiB) Viewed 7040 times
IMG_6477.JPG
IMG_6477.JPG (32.38 KiB) Viewed 7040 times
Here's to the next one. Brian.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.

Return to “August 2013 - ABR Midlands Rally 23rd 24th 25th”