ABR Island Rally

beddowsm

Re: ABR Island Rally

Post by beddowsm »

Africa John wrote:
picos mestizo wrote: I'd like to meet up with you. It'd be an early Dambuster reunion.
What time do you think you'll leave the campsite or Breakfast somewhere??
Dunno the area mate. Will PM you my mobile so we can keep in touch. Anybody else can recommend a good meeting place in this neck of the woods? Ambleside? Windermere? Either of the Passes?
A good meeting place would be the hawks head ferry, Windermere side. Easy to find, its the only ferry crossing Windermere. Take the ferry over, no more than a couple of quid a bike. Ride through hawks head and head for the passes. Great ride.....and you get a ferry as well which is a great way to see the lake.
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

beddowsm wrote:
Africa John wrote:
picos mestizo wrote: I'd like to meet up with you. It'd be an early Dambuster reunion.
What time do you think you'll leave the campsite or Breakfast somewhere??
Dunno the area mate. Will PM you my mobile so we can keep in touch. Anybody else can recommend a good meeting place in this neck of the woods? Ambleside? Windermere? Either of the Passes?
A good meeting place would be the hawks head ferry, Windermere side. Easy to find, its the only ferry crossing Windermere. Take the ferry over, no more than a couple of quid a bike. Ride through hawks head and head for the passes. Great ride.....and you get a ferry as well which is a great way to see the lake.
Thanks for that Mike.
How about I meet you @ the Hawkshead side of the ferry (Africa) John 10.30 Sat Morning.
That will give us plenty of time to do the passes & get to Piel Island crossing point.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
tea007

Post by tea007 »

All set ready to go
331 miles to campsite
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

picos mestizo wrote: How about I meet you @ the Hawkshead side of the ferry (Africa) John 10.30 Sat Morning.
That will give us plenty of time to do the passes & get to Piel Island crossing point.
Absoluto mundo matey, see you there 10.30am
tea007

Post by tea007 »

All set ready to go
331 miles to campsite !!
image_2013-05-30.jpg
image_2013-05-30.jpg (64.31 KiB) Viewed 7522 times
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Africa John wrote:
picos mestizo wrote: How about I meet you @ the Hawkshead side of the ferry (Africa) John 10.30 Sat Morning.
Absoluto mundo matey, see you there 10.30am
Thats a deal then. Fingers crossed all goes to plan.
If anybody else whants to join us just come along.
(Ferry terminal for crossing Windermere. West / Hawkshead Side 10.30am Saturday).
Lightness is everything.

heftylump

Post by heftylump »

There is a new danger announced this morning so i advise caution......

the water quality on the northwest beaches is poor and bathing is not advised.

you have been warned :woohoo:
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Bag is packed but not on the bike yet, all my gear is laid out on the spare bed ready to go :)

Bike got prepped last night, changed the slightly scary front Dunlop D908 for a Pirelli MT21 in the end, did a quick 30 mile ride to check it was OK and well satisfied.

Hopefully knock off at 12.00, twenty minutes to get home, grab some lunch, load bike, get changed and hit the road by 1.00, Baysbrown Farm between 6.00 and 7.00

NO MORE SLEEPS TO THE LAKE DISTRICT!

ONE MORE SLEEP TO PIEL ISLAND!
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

heftylump wrote:There is a new danger announced this morning so i advise caution......

the water quality on the northwest beaches is poor and bathing is not advised.

you have been warned :woohoo:
I'll just go & put the DRY-SUIT & REBREATHE on!!!! :sick:
Lightness is everything.

beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Just a safety announcement. When crossing the sands make sure you follow the riders in front, and hope they have followed the 4x4 guide vehicle. I'm sure the tracks will be visible In the sand. I wouldn't want anyone wondering off the safe passage. The sands to the sides will get deep and soft. And as the tide will be on its way in I don't want anyone stranded (trust me, no,one will be left stranded, there's enough of us to get people out of trouble but best be safe).

The first 100 meters will be the hardest for those with zero or a little off road experience. Take it steady and walk with the bike if needed. Last year there was a small gully to negotiate and this is where a few people dropped bikes.

Ill probably ahead across first and park up a hundred meters out and will be there to help push / pick up if needed, and get a load of photos.

Looking forward to it.

Return to “June 2013 - ABR 'Island' Rally at Piel Island 1st - 2nd June”