Information and sign up

mabawza

Re: Information and sign up

Post by mabawza »

Good to see everyone getting ready for the rally i however will be bikeless, my cush drive bearing exploded on the way home from Inverness today. Lucky for me my back wheel didn't lock up and i managed to keep control. Stripped out my back wheel at the roadside whilst waiting for RAC to find a heap of split peas in the hub any ideas what caused this? plenty grease, wheel torqued ok bloody strange. Any way i'll have to walk the hundred or so yards to the campsite but will be there.
Enjoy your ride up and sit safe it's off to the shed for the rest of the evening for me cheers Ian :(
moto al

Post by moto al »

Hi lads ,I'm very sorry to say I can't manage this weekend, I'm not fit enough for the journey, my friend is a gp she told me if I went on a journey so farI'd put my self back .im very sorry but my health comes first. Ian mabazza is taking on the rally. Thanks Ian . Once again I apologise .have a great rally.regards moto al :(
moto al
uturntony

Post by uturntony »

mabawza wrote:Good to see everyone getting ready for the rally i however will be bikeless, my cush drive bearing exploded on the way home from Inverness today. Lucky for me my back wheel didn't lock up and i managed to keep control. Stripped out my back wheel at the roadside whilst waiting for RAC to find a heap of split peas in the hub any ideas what caused this? plenty grease, wheel torqued ok bloody strange. Any way i'll have to walk the hundred or so yards to the campsite but will be there.
Enjoy your ride up and sit safe it's off to the shed for the rest of the evening for me cheers Ian :(
sounds like that 660 is knackered Ian, i'll give you £500 for it and risk being bit :whistle:

hope to see you friday and get a beer (thumbs)
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

mabawza wrote:Good to see everyone getting ready for the rally i however will be bikeless, my cush drive bearing exploded on the way home from Inverness today. Lucky for me my back wheel didn't lock up and i managed to keep control. Stripped out my back wheel at the roadside whilst waiting for RAC to find a heap of split peas in the hub any ideas what caused this? plenty grease, wheel torqued ok bloody strange. Any way i'll have to walk the hundred or so yards to the campsite but will be there.
How old was the cush drive...how many miles on it. They don't really last more than a tyre. I change mine every 6k and on the last change i had lots of little small round bits of rubber inside.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
steve172

Post by steve172 »

Al, sorry to hear you won't make it!

What's everyones route up? Me and the old man thinking of following the Jacobite from Fort Bill to Mallaig, ferry to Armadale, Skye Bridge then up. 238 miles from the house :)
coyotedave

Post by coyotedave »

Sorry you can't make it Al, But you are right not to put yourself back with your health.

Mich and myself are setting of tomorrow on our 650's. Going to avoid the motorways until Carlisle. We will be stopping over at Loch Lomond Thursday evening then riding up Friday to Gairloch

Cheers Dave.
steve172

Post by steve172 »

Where you staying at Loch Lomond? I'm about 20 mins from there :)
coyotedave

Post by coyotedave »

B+B in Drymen. 10 sterling road.

Cheers Dave.
mabawza

Post by mabawza »

Hi folks panic over i'v found a old bearing in the shed fitting it now cush rubbers shagged but can pack them out will do for the weekend.
My local bike shop Mitchells in Inverness are posting out spares today should have them by Friday (Heather your a star xx)so i will go to the ball with wheels (thumbs) (thumbs) cheers Ian.
steve172

Post by steve172 »

coyotedave wrote:B+B in Drymen. 10 sterling road.

Cheers Dave.
Couple of good pubs there.... try the Winnock Hotel or the one next door, forget it's name. Just a few miles from my bit.

Return to “ABR Midsummer madness. Scotland. 20-22nd June 2014”