Information and sign up

sprintster

Re: Information and sign up

Post by sprintster »

Cracking photo from inside the tent....that just sums up ABR in one picture! (thumbs)
wideparting

Post by wideparting »

home now a big thanks to all concerned especially ian. great weekend. thanks again ian. jim
uturntony

Post by uturntony »

wideparting wrote:home now a big thanks to all concerned especially ian. great weekend. thanks again ian. jim

same thing fom me too (thumbs)
mabawza

Post by mabawza »

Hi folks a big thank you from myself and Al for attending glad you all enjoyed it.
Just been speaking to AL on the phone he has just had a sit on the bike for the first time so hopefully he'll be back riding soon.
If you have any photos from the weekend post them up Al's keen to see them ( i didn't tell him about the bar bill we rang up for him yet :whistle: )
Cheers Ian.
big john

Post by big john »

hi ian had a great time meeting new freinds and you of course again hope to see you again
thanks john
big john
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Had a great weekend thank's to Ian and Al, for making it happen (thumbs)

Here's a brief run down on the weekend
Met Steve vfr1200 at charnock richards service's had a brisk run up to Devils bridge where we met Earwig, there was a few bikes about on the lay-by so after a mingle and natter to some of the locals who was making the most of the good weather
We where off again on mostly B roads to Penrith to meet up with Wideparting and U turn Tony, who had been on a detour to the Altberg factory to have a fit for some boots,
So it was a quick blast up the M6 to Gretna where we picked up the B7076 which is a great flowing road all the way to the out skirts of Glasgow where we met heavy traffic, we carried on to the ferry at Gourock and rode straight on as they was about to weigh anchor
We where met at Dunoon on the other side by some of Scotland's finest who was taking photos for there christmas fund's
We carried on at a enjoyable pace past Inverary
ImageImageImage
Kinghouse where we stopped for liquid refreshment and some nibbles, that was about it for the first day
Attachments
dunoon.jpg
dunoon.jpg (41.01 KiB) Viewed 7769 times
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

We met Coyote and Buddy on thursday night, who has a great set up on his bike for himself and Buddy
Image Woke up to a beautiful view of Glencoe on the friday morningImageImageImageImage
Kinghouse is not really wild camping it's more like wild glamping, we had a top notch cooked breakfast, and most of us used the toilet for our morning download, now thats posh wild camping in anyones book's
Ready for the off we carried on up north stopping off at the commando memorial where we met up with Timwil, who joined us for the rest of the bimble north
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Arrived at the camp about tea time, it had already been taken over by ABR riders and it was spotless, it had a pub within 20 yards, and a shop and chippy not much further result (thumbs)
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Friday night
After tasting the local fish supper, :) we headed in the direction of the local hostelry (it would be rude to walk past) we where made welcome until well after it got dark which is late up here in the middle of june, Ian introduced us to the chef and he got us a excellent deal on breakfast. I am starting to like this posh camping
Saturday
After a top notch breakfast, most riders had plans for the day, mine was simple a short bimble up the coast it was a six mile trail ride with Mabawza (Ian) and Steve T
ImageImageImageImage
The road up there had stunning views to say the least (thumbs) Image
ImageImage
After a brilliant days fishing we had to head back down Image
U Turn Tony was the chef for the day
Must say a big thanks to Mabawza for making this happen
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Sunday

was woken by light rain just what you want when decamping :( but it was not enough to spoil the day
ImageImageImage
A few of our neighbours for the weekend come to say there farewellsImage
I think they had there eyes on this bike Image
That's me packed and ready to go Image
Jim Tony and Tim where not far behind
I got the feeling we was being watched
Big John packed and ready to go
Ian was there to say thanks for turning up now pish off
Thank's again lad's
Flintlock