ABR Yorkshire Moors 'Ecky Thump' Rally 11th - 14th October

Sykesy

Re: ABR Yorkshire Moors 'Ecky Thump' Rally 11th - 14th October

Post by Sykesy »

Is there a 'road ride' ? or a leader for it??

a friend is someone who bails you out of jail, But a BEST friend is the person sitting beside you saying...'that was fu**ing awesome'!!!!!!!
James691

Post by James691 »

Sykesy wrote:Is there a 'road ride' ? or a leader for it??
There is :)

Ecky Ride Outs
Dancing in the moonlight
xtzrick

Post by xtzrick »

minkyhead wrote: hi all just want to clear up whats happening
is there two groups riding one hardcore [mike ]
mikes posted whats coming
too many ruts and mud for me and i appreciate the warning ..
thre will be no breaks ..its 6 hours full on with mike no stops or breaks ..it will probablly get real tough and i will get get too tired

up the steps at sarn helen is not what im looking for
...down ill have a go ??? ....

is there one for the less extream minded
not so easy but suited to a 200kg bike ... and whre a break and a butty maby forthcoming at 1 o clock .. or at least a pause after three hours between trails to eat a kit kat :evil:
johnny or extric ??? ....
i want to go trail riding and am not adverse to a bit of tough stuff but and dont want enter the haffren enduro when i go out ..

just want to see whats going on with the trail riders before i decide to ride down as its the trail riding i want to do ... ...
thanks
Hi Minkyhead

There are 2 trail rides & yes the one I'm leading should be less extreme.

Mike has sent me grid refs & descriptions of the trails (Thanks Mike) so I can plot an easier rought.
I do intend to stop for a break at some point, assuming the stops & discussions of "So can this t**t read a map or what then?" aren't enough :whistle:

As for ruts & mud, I've not done any of the trails but it's Yorkshire in october, there'll be some somewhere :woohoo:

Let me know if you want in Minky & that will be my limit, 5 of us & a +1 (+1 does mean pillion Elle?)

Rick
Mac 1

Post by Mac 1 »

Hi Rick,

I am intending to come to the rally with Bonnie bird and Homer and as
homer is still in plaster he is kindly letting me use his KTM on your
ride if there is a space.

Keefe
Elle

Post by Elle »

xtzrick wrote:Let me know if you want in Minky & that will be my limit, 5 of us & a +1 (+1 does mean pillion Elle?)

Rick
hi Rick - there's only room for my backside on the Serow :blush: so Mike rides a DR250
What sort of time will it start?
We're still unsure about camping (Mike not been well and the bunkhouse was dire) & it's a long drive (van) from Leeds
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
xtgaz

Post by xtgaz »

trying to get there prob fri night or may be sat morn :woohoo:
devon john

Post by devon john »

we shall be leaving Nth Devon Friday at 4am, that me Rick Puffer and Andy.

should be there for around 9am it a 350ml ride for us.

john
CBNY

Post by CBNY »

Hello All

Chris Barker, Goathland resident and rider/owner of many motorcycles and hopefully the local motorcycle mechanic mentioned ! Hope to meet up with you (and hopefully not have to fix bikes!) next weekend. First the business bit, yes I am a self employed bike mechanic KTM LC4's a speciality (yet another KTM Chris!) have most tools available and a van for serious problems, work from home/mobile and available most of the weekend except maybe Sat aft, but the van could be available if anybody stuck on a rideout. My numbers are 07964 994273 / 01947 896434 or mail on [email protected].
Now the local knowledge for the social side, first the only good phone signal is orange. (talking of signals, RAF fylingdales radar may affect immobiliser/alarm remotes, make sure your batteries are good - if you do have a problem I can take your bike to the top of the hill and it will work again - it's usually a Harley problem though)
It's the war weekend on the steam railway so will be busy with odd people in 1940's gear - THIS IS NOT THE NORM!
Beer/Food - Goathland Arms (Aidensfield Arms) is the Heartbeat pub, closest to campsite, beer good, landlord (and his daughter) sometimes pleasant sometimes not, food mostly tourist fayre may do a breakfast if ordered the night before as they have rooms.
Inn on the Moor (across the road) - Odd place like a Scottish remote roadside hotel, expensive (as they all are) but has a pool table and food not bad though a while since I ate there. Beer average as they don't sell enough, Landlord usually drunk by 5pm.
Mallyan Spout hotel,about half mile to Church end of village, side bar good but not cheap food, beer ok.
Birch Hall Inn, Beck Hole, about 3/4 mile from village down a big hill but a paradise, tiny village real ale house with a sweet shop. Pies and (big) sandwiches available at all times but may well be closed between 2 and 7.
Finally there is a few shops one sells beer/wine etc (but not much choice) the rest of the stuff is Heartbeat tatt. and all shut 5/6 pm. Nearest petrol is Pickering/Whitby, Chip shop in Sleights about 5 miles towards Whitby which has a sit down bit.
Hope it all helps, will meet up for a beer, may have a couple of XT mates staying at mine too. Get in touch if you want any more info, have a mate who does know green lane routes etc better than me if you need any info.
xtzrick

Post by xtzrick »

Mac 1 wrote:Hi Rick,

I am intending to come to the rally with Bonnie bird and Homer and as
homer is still in plaster he is kindly letting me use his KTM on your
ride if there is a space.

Keefe
I'll put you down as 1st reserve Keefe.
It looks like I might already have a larger group than I intended :unsure:

I think someone dropped out of Mikes group, might be a last minute reshuffle on friday night :lol:

Hopefully start 9am (ish)at the entrance gate.

Rick
Mac 1

Post by Mac 1 »

Ok Rick, thanks for that.
I will be coming up on my road bike so maybe I could tag alone with the road
ride if there is no space on your's, Mike's ride looks far to taxing for me
on a borrowed bike.
Keefe

Return to “ABR Ecky Thump Rally Yorkshire Moors 11th – 14th October 2012”