Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Trail Riding and not a single gate in sight
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trail Riding and not a single gate in sight

Trail Riding and not a single gate in sight 2 years, 11 months ago #352388

I was looking for some trail riding to break up our trip on the way down to the Stella Alpina Rally in Bardonecchia and stumbled across Ride Limousin, run by Torsten & Rowena, based just north of Limoges (www.ridelimousin.com/green_laning.html)
We had 3 days riding there, one day with a hired satnav and 2 days riding with Torsten as our guide.
The scenery is great and trails varied from rolling meadows and forest tracks to steep rocky climbs and decents. Torsten tailors his rideout to suit your own abilities. There were no gates anywhere!! And only a max. of about 10 miles road work over the 3 days, the rest was all trails
We took our own bikes down in the van, but there is also a fleet of Yamaha TTR's to hire, so flying in is also an option.
The food......mmmmmmmm....It was lovely, tasty, wholesome, home cooked meals by Rowena every night washed down with some beer or wine and a filling cooked breakfast every morning.
Also an honesty bar and games/tv room. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the hospitality was second to none.
I took some pictures, but had an off on the 2nd day breaking my camera mount, so couldn't take pictures of the climbs and rockier sections
Both Homer and I loved the place and will definately be visiting again.

The following user(s) said Thank You: herman, Heff, Paul-S, reedro72, Elle, felco, Flintlock, Ridelimousin, Ruiz

Re: Trail Riding and not a single gate in sight 2 years, 11 months ago #352390

• coasty
  • 1200cc
  • BMW R1150 GSA
Wow that sounds and looks fantastic ..... (I thought you liked gates !! )

On my way back from The Stella I stopped off with a mate in the Limosin Region, what a lovely area and could see the potential for green laning. I will definately be paying that website a visit, there are some cheap flights over that way too.

Good to see you at the Bokki hope the rest of your trip went well, I will put up a report on my trip soon

Re: Trail Riding and not a single gate in sight 2 years, 11 months ago #352393

• Paul-S
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 1200cc
Nice one Laura

Cheers

Re: Trail Riding and not a single gate in sight 2 years, 11 months ago #352394

• Heff
  • 1200cc
  • BMW GSA Rider
Nice one Bonnie

Some great photos there. Location looks fabulous

As long as you both had a good time thats all that matters
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black

Re: Trail Riding and not a single gate in sight 2 years, 11 months ago #352401

• Tramp
  • 1200cc
cool just like wiltshire without the rutts the lot area is even better ..

is that a special time warp effect on the pics to enhance speed sensation? mine does it only on shady lanes

Re: Trail Riding and not a single gate in sight 2 years, 11 months ago #352408

Great gallery of pictures there
I especially liked the automatic bike wash at the end
2002 Suzuki DRZ400S
2002 BMW R1150GS

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

Care about biking? MAG UK!
Care about rights of way? Trail Riders Fellowship!

Re: Trail Riding and not a single gate in sight 2 years, 11 months ago #352419

Cool speed photos
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.
Suzuki DR650 DrBink. DR350 - El'Binko. DR125 - Ol'Bink the Skeleton.

Re: Trail Riding and not a single gate in sight 2 years, 11 months ago #352647

Great pics and report, thanks again for making it. Got a couple of pictures I took as well to add to the thread:

Owner of Ridelimousin - Trail riding holidays and guided tours
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elle, felco

Re: Trail Riding and not a single gate in sight 2 years, 11 months ago #352708

Tramp wrote:
cool just like wiltshire without the rutts the lot area is even better ..

is that a special time warp effect on the pics to enhance speed sensation? mine does it only on shady lanes

No time warp effect Russ, it's started doing it the last few times I've taken it out, only in shaded areas
I've given it a clean up now so will see what it's like next time.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Bonniebird.

Re: Trail Riding and not a single gate in sight 2 years, 11 months ago #352711

coasty wrote:

Good to see you at the Bokki hope the rest of your trip went well, I will put up a report on my trip soon

Good to see you too yeah we had a great time thanx, rode some brill trails, hope you guys had a good trip too
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds