We often see debates raging on about people’s adventure riding crudentials across the web, so we thought we’d clear this up once and for all. Below you will find eight signs that you are a true adventure bike rider…
1. There is no middle ground. You either sacrifice small children in the name of the almighty GS or you’d rather a red hot poker up your jacksie than swing a leg over a BMW
2. You don a matching two piece Safari Suit for weddings and everything in between
3. You instinctively know panniers are for stickers, not stuff.
4. You sleep under a tarp… in your hotel suite
5. Support crews, fellow riders, pillions, pah! You’re a lone wolf who’ll only attend rallies if you know there’ll be no one else there.
6. You spend 99% of your time off-road (between the hours of 11pm and 7am)
7. You live by the rule that travel is for wimps and adventure is all about the size of your luggage
8. You know the score. No real adventure rider takes on the Starbucks highway with anything less than a 1000cc machine