Adventure Bike Rider

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Hi, you're seeing this message as you've no Flash Player installed

OFF ROAD VENUES/PLACES FOR BIKES THAT ARE NOT ROAD LEGAL???
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: OFF ROAD VENUES/PLACES FOR BIKES THAT ARE NOT ROAD LEGAL???

OFF ROAD VENUES/PLACES FOR BIKES THAT ARE NOT ROAD LEGAL??? 1 year, 1 month ago #266843

• KtmRy
  • 450cc
I wanted to start a thread for people to post places and venues where you can take your bike when you are not road legal so hopefully this has not been covered before as i cant find anything.

I live in Derbyshire which has its fair few choices of green lanes but im struggling to find anywhere half decent for me and a friend to try and because he just potters on his motocross bike so it has got to be private land where we can roam at our own free will like mild enduro rather than race on a track be it free or day fee.
(Preferably within a few hours of Chesterfield but please feel free to post about anywhere)

I know these places exist because a web search throws a few up but mostly advertise as 4x4 centers so it would help if any of you guys can suggest and comment on any that you have try'd and tested yourselves.

If you can insert a Google Map location as well that would help considerably

Cheers
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by KtmRy.

Re: OFF ROAD VENUES/PLACES FOR BIKES THAT ARE NOT ROAD LEGAL??? 1 year, 1 month ago #266859

• gvcrt
  • 50cc
Look on tinternet for cown leisure near Rochdale

Re: OFF ROAD VENUES/PLACES FOR BIKES THAT ARE NOT ROAD LEGAL??? 1 year, 1 month ago #266872

That'll be Cowm

cowmleisure.com/

There is an off-road place at tong west Yorkshire.

Also, Abram.

Try having a look here, mostly mx tracks but some others listed.

www.totalmx.co.uk/mx-tracks-finder-locater.php

Sadly the number of these places are depleting. A lot of the free ones are getting shut down generally after accidents.

Re: OFF ROAD VENUES/PLACES FOR BIKES THAT ARE NOT ROAD LEGAL??? 1 year, 1 month ago #266909

• Rederic
  • 1200cc
I know a couple of people who have been here
www.parkwood4x4.co.uk/news.php?DOC_INST=14
I have seen there helmet cam's and it look's awesome, I can not wait to go myself
If your not the lead dog the view never change,s

Re: OFF ROAD VENUES/PLACES FOR BIKES THAT ARE NOT ROAD LEGAL??? 1 year, 1 month ago #266926

• Ben750
  • 450cc
Is there anywhere such as the above in or around Norfolk / Cambs?
Husqvarna TE 610 enduro - fun beast!
Ducati 600ss - now 750 - awesome!
Yamaha FZS600s- dead

Re: OFF ROAD VENUES/PLACES FOR BIKES THAT ARE NOT ROAD LEGAL??? 1 year, 1 month ago #266941

Where the midlands abr rally is held, they do pay and play I believe, I had a few hours on the area at the abr rally, had a great blast.
Current bikes...
2012 Triumph Explorer in blue...
2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

Re: OFF ROAD VENUES/PLACES FOR BIKES THAT ARE NOT ROAD LEGAL??? 1 year, 1 month ago #266952

• KtmRy
  • 450cc
ive found this today - www.ashbymotopark.co.uk/index.html

and also - www.korc.co.uk/

gud suggestions so far, keep em comin!

Re: OFF ROAD VENUES/PLACES FOR BIKES THAT ARE NOT ROAD LEGAL??? 1 year, 1 month ago #266956

• KtmRy
  • 450cc
APD_660Ten wrote:
That'll be Cowm

cowmleisure.com/

There is an off-road place at tong west Yorkshire.

Also, Abram.

Try having a look here, mostly mx tracks but some others listed.

www.totalmx.co.uk/mx-tracks-finder-locater.php

Sadly the number of these places are depleting. A lot of the free ones are getting shut down generally after accidents.

ive seen the list on totalmx but they are all mostly race tracks and i prefer places with relaxed variation rather than hardcore intense racing, 3 ruptured discs in my neck is literally a pain in the neck, and arse!!!

but thanks for your input

Re: OFF ROAD VENUES/PLACES FOR BIKES THAT ARE NOT ROAD LEGAL??? 1 year, 1 month ago #266975

• felco
  • 1200cc
Dont be put off of cowm, the chaps there are great, follow them around the coarse for 15 minutes, safety meet,
and after that you can please yourself pretty much, had a day there and really enjoyed it, well worth £20.00.big site so in a day lots of different ground to cover and no fear of upsetting the ramblers. Highly recommended.

Deffinatly no intense racing.
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by felco.

Re: OFF ROAD VENUES/PLACES FOR BIKES THAT ARE NOT ROAD LEGAL??? 1 year, 1 month ago #266991

• Stewie
  • 1200cc
Down south there's Four Marks track, its a pay n play, with a track layout in the middle, a novice track and plenty of woods to go and explore with some deep bomb holes.
Its £15 per bike for all day.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds