Adventure Bike Rider

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Hi, you're seeing this message as you've no Flash Player installed

Car drivers and mobile phones..wasters.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Car drivers and mobile phones..wasters.

Car drivers and mobile phones..wasters. 2 years, 8 months ago #129105

Been out this morning as it was nice and sunny, now raining very hard, hence inside doodleing.
Can't believe the number of car drivers I came across this morning, either texting or using a mobile phone whilst driving.
One lady driver I pulled up next to on a round-about was actually texting with both hands while trying to get onto a very busy round-about on the A120 Galleys corner, (you know the one next to MaCCy D's) Gave her two blasts of the horn, made her jump. It's a 115dB horn, found the original supplied with bike useless. She did say sorry and dropped the phone onto the passenger seat.
A change in the law is needed. Ban all mobile communications while driving. "Engine ON Phone OFF" even hands free.
Found a number of top companies actually have a no mobile phone use for employees while driving.
I can see the problem getting worse. There's virtually no recognition of what you are doing when on a phone.
Sorry to go on. Well not really. Feel better for that.

Thoughts on this anyone.
The achievement is in....every stranger that is now a friend.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by kawasakier6f. Reason: spelling

Re: Car drivers and mobile phones..wasters. 2 years, 8 months ago #129107

• Treadtrader
  • Mine's a pint.
Pal of mine is a West Midlands traffic officer.
We chatted about this recently, he said he could sit at certain locations and nick drivers all day long on mobiles.
But, just too many, so only nicks the ones being obvious or driving impaired.
Overwhelmed is the word I think.
BMW R1150GS
Yamaha TTR600RE

Contact email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or pm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kawasakier6f

Re: Car drivers and mobile phones..wasters. 2 years, 8 months ago #129108

no offense to your mate, but ***** hell is it up to them to be the judge, the law is the f**** law, nick everyone breaking it.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by anagallis_arvensis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kawasakier6f

Re: Car drivers and mobile phones..wasters. 2 years, 8 months ago #129109

anagallis_arvensis wrote:
no offense to your mate, but ***** hell is it up to them to be the judge, the law is the f**** law, nick everyone breaking it.

If I'd have been a Police officer, I know I would not have had enough hours in the day to nick'em all. That was just this morning.
The achievement is in....every stranger that is now a friend.

Re: Car drivers and mobile phones..wasters. 2 years, 8 months ago #129116

• NKL990
  • 450cc
To quote top gear, when did driving become so difficult that you can't do two things at the same time, you do it all the time during the rest of your life, its not that hard, are they going to ban talking in the car next.
Why can you smoke in the car but not use a phone?

Car drivers and mobile phones..wasters. 2 years, 8 months ago #129117

I've been in London working past two weeks, bike riders here are on a death wish, It's not so much people on phones, it's motorbikes undertaking and turning left on my inside while I am turning left that's makes me roll my eyes and sound my horn. Complete dicks up here and don't start me on about the behaviour of bike riders who are on L plates!!!
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by cozmo1589.

Re: Car drivers and mobile phones..wasters. 2 years, 8 months ago #129118

• Treadtrader
  • Mine's a pint.
NKL990 wrote:
are they going to ban talking in the car next.

Excellent point , how many times have I seen people having very animated conversations while driving, just as easy to lose concentration.

Common sense can't be controlled by laws.
BMW R1150GS
Yamaha TTR600RE

Contact email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or pm.

Re: Car drivers and mobile phones..wasters. 2 years, 8 months ago #129119

NKL990 wrote:
To quote top gear, when did driving become so difficult that you can't do two things at the same time, you do it all the time during the rest of your life, its not that hard, are they going to ban talking in the car next.
Why can you smoke in the car but not use a phone?

Top Gear...HA! One shouldn't pay too much to these attention, publicity grabbers; this is the reality as opposed to BBC sensationalist type:
"See ya later babe, goin' for a ride, I'll be back in a while".

I Venture rather than Adventure.

Quote: "You know you will buy, because boredom creates hunger".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adrian, Bonniebird, phil90, kawasakier6f

Re: Car drivers and mobile phones..wasters. 2 years, 8 months ago #129120

I've never seen that advert before, that should be on TV all the time.
one-legged adventurer

Re: Car drivers and mobile phones..wasters. 2 years, 8 months ago #129216

Agree, this ad should be played at every commercial break.. I commute into London every day on my Bemmer and its a fight for survival.. Grrrrrr

I wish i was a traffic cop!!! I would be world champion, "mobile phone user while driving and general dick'ed driver" ticket giver outer...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds