Adventure Bike Rider

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Hi, you're seeing this message as you've no Flash Player installed

TOPIC: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #114303

Simon did you get my email ref, not being able to see the doc you emailed out other day?

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #114313

• The Spanish Biker
  • 1200cc
  • The invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain
SimplyExploring wrote:
Simon did you get my email ref, not being able to see the doc you emailed out other day?

No I didn't - that's wierd and >I'll have to investigate!

But you're on that list now!

Cheers

S

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
Paul Valery (obscure, dead French philosopher!)

Tomorrow is too late (that's mine folks!)

Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #114453

• minted
  • 450cc
SimplyExploring wrote:

me to it says "You need permission to access this item".I do have a Gmail account but don't use it much but you seem to have to have no choice to see this doc .
i don't relay get on with this sort of stuff

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #114577

Me too Minted !!!!!!!!!!!!what hells a doc anyway why cant we just ride
I'M HERE FOR A GOOD TIME NOT A LONG TIME

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #114973

• The Spanish Biker
  • 1200cc
Hmm,

Looks like the Google docs idea has flopped in more ways than one. This is going to creat loads of extra emails and work for me!

Among other things I need people's 'real' names, as appears in their passports!

This is for following important reason:

I've worked out a good deal with the camping: €8.10 per person per night and we have a whole row of the site to ourrselves, i.e. eighteen 80 square metre plots in all! So we can disposed of ourselve as we like - banning weapons grade snorers to the furthest extreme for example

Note that this supercedes the previous stuff aboiut foriu-nights-for-the-price-of-three - and it still works out better!

Moreover, this price also applies to people staying longer, i.e., Neet, Jim's family and Tramp's gang.

But I will need a definitive lost of names in advance for Jordi to check off and create everyone's individual account - that's his rule.

That's why I tested the Google doc and that's why I'm wanting the definitive lost by the beginning of May.

Folks who think this has all been OTT have to bear in mind that I'm dealing with other people and have to follow thier stuff as well as just organise the ABr-ers.

More on this: I've firmed up the rescues as I described at the beginning. We have the owner of the local ironmonger's shop on board with his Nissan 4x4 pick-up. As I described, he has his business to come first, of course, so the level of rescue is to get you downed bike back to the tarmac the day after the 'disaster'. As he's so local I thjnk this could also mean the camp site, and possibly the bike mechanic in Tremp, 12 k's away. There are a few caveats: He can't do much on Wednesdays as it's markey day when all the famers, i.e. most of his customers, come down from the mountains. For our part we have to provide enough muscle to lift said bike on and off the Nissan and the bike's owner will have to pay Xavi for his time and expenses - details to come.

The alternative is a professional service from Moto2, the local BMW bike dealer, whose prices start at around €250 per day, plus expenses - including time and mileage from Lleida. Plus a retainer for being on stanbdby. No contest in my humble opinion!

Back on the camping: anyone who wants electricity will have to have that added to thier account, same price as for normal plots. As I mentioned right at the beginniing, I'll be setting up banks of plug sockets for mobile phones, cameras and mobiles for people to help themselves. I also have a compressor and pressure gauge, I'll set that out morning and evening as I have to juggle with the 1,000 watt IPI limit. I'll also set up a workshop lantern.

I have a few boex of general tools, especially electrical stuff, and of course a very large selection of big hammers! It might be an idea for the slackers thos excellent fellows bringing thier bikes down by van to bring a few lifts to contribute to the communal workshop!

A final importnat note: anyone who wants be off of 'our' plot has to pay the normal rates.

Phew,

Back to my own business!

Regs

Simon

Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #114978

• Tramp
  • 1200cc
fair comment Simon..
to make things easy ....just do a block email to everyone coming with a list of what you need and we send back to you..that way you know who`s hasnt replied..

Names for campsite is fine..but my passport is shown in person on the day..[my choice]

what credit cards does the site owner except please?
ccm 644 ds...solo adventurer...happiest on the trails

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #114984

• Darren
  • 450cc
Hi Simon

I'm sure we all appreciate the work you're putting in and will jump through whatever hoops are presented, thanks.

On the rescue front, my plan is for me and Paul to drive down in my pickup with the bikes (400's) on the back.

I have a ramp and tie downs etc and can do rescue pick ups free of charge for anybody that needs them. Don't want to tread on your local mans toes, but the offer is there if needed.

See you soon

Darren
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
-------------
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tramp

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #114989

Reading about all your talk re electricity for charging mobiles etc, makes me wonder if anyone has heard of Powermonkey ? You can survive a few days without electricity with one of these portable chargers . Just a thought........

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #114993

• Rhys
  • 1200cc
  • 2 Stroke or nothing!
Dont people have 12v outlets on their bikes or something ?

Especially you BMW gang, surely you have a on-board nuclear power station for all the mandatory lights and heated clothing. Cheers
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Rhys.

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #115010

Yes, we do but not everyone has a bmw!

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #115046

• The Spanish Biker
  • 1200cc
Tramp wrote:
fair comment Simon..
to make things easy ....just do a block email to everyone coming with a list of what you need and we send back to you..that way you know who`s hasnt replied..

Names for campsite is fine..but my passport is shown in person on the day..[my choice]

what credit cards does the site owner except please?

Hi Tramp,

You're right, the simple way is the best. Apart from one very recalcitrant person I have everyone's emails and the mailing list has been reliable.

No problem with passport issue, I wasn't suggesting anythg else. The names are just for Jordi to have a definitive checklist to work from - after all the Barcelona ladies all in nude wrestling club may be in one of the other blocks!

Seriously, Jordi has to see everyone's passports - it's a Spanish thing!

Cheers

Simon

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #115048

• The Spanish Biker
  • 1200cc
Darren wrote:
Hi Simon

I'm sure we all appreciate the work you're putting in and will jump through whatever hoops are presented, thanks.

On the rescue front, my plan is for me and Paul to drive down in my pickup with the bikes (400's) on the back.

I have a ramp and tie downs etc and can do rescue pick ups free of charge for anybody that needs them. Don't want to tread on your local mans toes, but the offer is there if needed.

See you soon

Darren

Darren you're a genius and a hero!

I'll keep Xavi on the case as a back-up, and to acknowledge his kindness. He has an immaculate GS1200 that he hardly ever gets the chance to ride and is a really nice bloke - un bon xaval as they say hereabouts!

Cheers

Simon

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #115051

• The Spanish Biker
  • 1200cc
husabang wrote:
Dont people have 12v outlets on their bikes or something ?

Especially you BMW gang, surely you have a on-board nuclear power station for all the mandatory lights and heated clothing. Cheers

OK here's the chain: Fifth generation mobile phone charging from a Beemer; Beemer with flat battery jump leads to Phil's humble Suzy DR 650, the inestimable 'Donkey', the Donkey hitched up to my vintage battery charger - 6/12 volt! - (if it still works!); said charger hooked into my caravan's 1000 W power connection to the camping. Polly - aka Mrs S - puts the kettle on. Get the picture . . .

Ha ha ha, or as they say/write here je je je!

Cheers

Simes

PS - if you want to actually speak on your mobile phone attatch yourself to the open air pool table with some suitable electrolyte. Or run up to the N260 and show a leg to a passing trucker with 3GS!

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by The Spanish Biker.

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #115068

• The Spanish Biker
  • 1200cc
fairyplum wrote:
Reading about all your talk re electricity for charging mobiles etc, makes me wonder if anyone has heard of Powermonkey ? You can survive a few days without electricity with one of these portable chargers . Just a thought........

Hi Nina,

I've got something like this but the mechanism feels so flimsey I hardly ever use it and besides it takes a lotv of craking for a few minutes call and not much standby.

Meanwhile, I wish I'd bought a solar poweered jobby, the Freeloader I think. The best bit about this is that you can also charge it from the USB on your laptop and not only use if for your phone but also put back into the laptop - cool!

Simon

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012 2 years, 8 months ago #115078

• The Spanish Biker
  • 1200cc
fairyplum wrote:
Reading about all your talk re electricity for charging mobiles etc, makes me wonder if anyone has heard of Powermonkey ? You can survive a few days without electricity with one of these portable chargers. Just a thought........

On a teensy-weensy serious note: the cell coverage here is extremely patchy. It's out there somewhere and you get the knack of looking for it after a while - tractor divers and farmers will tell you to walk over the that tree - I'm not joking!

But in the meantime you phones can discharge their power amazingly quickly as they constantly search for a signal. So keep your mobiles switched off while out on the trail guys and gals!

Simes

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by The Spanish Biker.
Moderators: GOG 007
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds