Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Hi, you're seeing this message as you've no Flash Player installed

Sad day but the S10 is up for sale
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sad day but the S10 is up for sale

Sad day but the S10 is up for sale 2 years, 10 months ago #105540

Got my new X-Challenge home last night and seeing as I live in a one bike household I need to sell my '91 Super Tenere.

As I was in the middle of thinking about messing around with her, I currently have the fairing panels off (to go back on this weekend after I give her a rub down), so the pictures below aren’t recent recent, but from November last year, which was her last big outing.

As you can see she doesn’t have a traditional S10 colour scheme and she has been used as she was meant to be. This means the fairing has taken a bit of punishment and has a few cracks etc. See photos. But, underneath it there’s a cracking bike. Almost no rust on the frame or swingarm. The front has Hagon progressive fork springs and the rear has a Wilbers Ecoline shock, so it handles much better than standard and swallowed up anything I threw at her. The engine has some TRX internals inside XTZ cases, the end result is a 270 degree 850 engine that really goes . I have replaced the sparkplug caps with waterproof ones to take care of any water ingress that was causing misfiring with the old caps. There are bar risers on that you can take or leave.

Currently shod with Pirelli MT21 rear and Metzler Karoo front and you can either have these or an Avon Gripster Front and Distanzia rear. Actually you can have both sets of tires. You can also have the spare fairings as in the photos. And a Haynes manual. And a full set of Pro-Bolt Black fairing screws.

All in all it’s a great bike but could do with a little tarting up! Only selling ‘cos my better half was very understanding about my new purchase and I can’t hide an S10 anywhere!

Looking for £1100 ONO but don't be afraid to make me an offer!

Also, soon I’ll be selling the following, and if it sways you I can probably be persuaded to throw a few of these in with the sale:
Bike-it Champion Handguards
Flush mounted front indicators
Riky Cross Engine Bars
Skidmarx Touring Screen
Fivestars Centrestand
High front mudguard with homemade mount
Yamaha WR400 rear mudguard cut to fit the XTZ750
Short rear end: High guard, light, rack
And probably something else
Chris

G650 X-Challenge
'91 XTZ750
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Orlando_Orange.

Re: Sad day but the S10 is up for sale 2 years, 10 months ago #105545

looking forward to seeing the x challenge

Re: Sad day but the S10 is up for sale 2 years, 10 months ago #105926

jeez don't post pic's like that andy you'll make me cry.... or keep it!

edit: at least there's proof i did actually clean it!
Chris

G650 X-Challenge
'91 XTZ750
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Orlando_Orange.

Re: Sad day but the S10 is up for sale 2 years, 10 months ago #110682

Hi,

Bike looks great, am looking for something I can can do a little tarting up on in the next few months.

Where abouts are you based?

Re: Sad day but the S10 is up for sale 2 years, 10 months ago #110796

PM sent stent
Chris

G650 X-Challenge
'91 XTZ750
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds