Never Been to The Pyrenees.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Never Been to The Pyrenees.

Re: Amazing view on the N260. 2 years, 11 months ago #63214

• The Spanish Biker
  • 1200cc
  • The invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain
Hi Ted,

That's good news to hear on a Sunny Friday morning here on the Spanish side of the Pyrenees

Nigel and I keep trying to meet but something always seems to crop up - maybe your trip will generate the necessary jolt into action!

I have a mind to ride to Navarre sometime in September; I want to check out the camp site at Ochagavia and ride over the passes there, Roncesvalles, etc. - and eat the excellent cheese from Roncal! But it may be more, shall we say, diplomatic, if the whole family take a break this time, so it may mean being in the car

I also have a mind to ride over to the east - the autumn tints in La Garrtxa will be stunning at the end of September I think.

Whatever happens we're still in our summer residence at la Pobla de Segur until early October, so if Nigel can't join us here then maybe you and I could ride of to his for a day or two!

Cheers

Simon
PS - any chance that Matthew might come along? I was sorry to have missed him in Asturias last month.

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
Paul Valery (obscure, dead French philosopher!)

Tomorrow is too late (that's mine folks!)

Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by The Spanish Biker.

Re: Amazing view on the N260. 2 years, 11 months ago #63216

• moto al
  • 1200cc
for me the best part of spain,sept great weather, great roads great people,cheers al,ps great campsites
moto al

Re: Amazing view on the N260. 2 years, 11 months ago #63231

Simon.
I will put it to Matthew.
He is such a confirmed dirt-rider I haven't really got him into tarmac riding yet. Certainly not long trips.

Will talk again about all this.
Ted.

Re: Never Been to The Pyrenees. 2 years, 11 months ago #63356

Fanastic pics and info. Intend to get the chunnel into france then over the Pyrenees to Spain next May. My first adventure abroad . No route decided on yet so open to any advise.
Enjoy.

Re: Amazing view on the N260. 2 years, 11 months ago #63396

• The Spanish Biker
  • 1200cc
Hi Nigel,

Yup, I know all about those MVs but didn't quite believe I'd ever get to know anyone who owned/ridden one, let alone a whole gang of them!

I'm a bit too yound¡g to remember John Surtees as a biker, but Ago was a household name. Not in our househild , however, my Dad once told me of the impact of the first MV four to appear on the Island - but only from the newsreels as in his youth he drove one of these:

I guess even a Manx Norton would have been a bit tame in comparison!

Regs

Simon

PS - I suppose a lend of one is out of the question

Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain

Re: Never Been to The Pyrenees. 2 years, 11 months ago #63398

the one thing for me to advise is do no more than 250 miles a day unless you are on motorways and need to get to the interesting stuff. The thing to bear in mind all along is that it is a holiday , not an endurance test,. I fyou plan 250-300 mile legs you can stop for lunch , stop and admire the scenery without feeling under pressure to be on the move all the time. And also once in the pyrenees speeds are lower so distances take longer and there are so many breathtaking views to photograph.
living in the sun, near utopia

Re: Amazing view on the N260. 2 years, 11 months ago #63399

time will tell , we should normally be doing another ride in september over 10 colls

P.S. My dad was a battle of britain hurricane pilot and later on a mosquito pilot.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by britfrog.

Re: Amazing view on the N260. 2 years, 11 months ago #63400

• The Spanish Biker
  • 1200cc
Hi Ted,

We'll be at La Pobla de Segur then, so you'll pass right by us. If you plan a night nerarby there is always Casa Lola, of course, or there are also good digs in la Pobla, which is within walking distance of chez nous if we have a drop or perhaps two in the evening - unless you want to borrow a tent for the night!

As for unmissable routes, this depends where you're heading. I had an amazing ride around the Sierra de la Demanda but didn't have time to explore a good route between there and Asturias - but I did find a lovely 'back-door' entrance to the Picos (see here but work backwards from the Source of the Ebro, near Reinosa - after then I had to get a move on and stuck to the nationals)

I think I'll be going to Navarre for a few nights in September and explore the region thoroughly from a base camp at Ochagavia. One area I'm especially interested in is the area to the north west of Zaragoza, in particular the Sierra de Castejón ans Las Bardenes Reales

If you could convince Matthew to leave his terretory there's a new digital 1: 25 000 map of both the Sierra de la Demanda and the Sierra de Castejón - so he could plot a dirt bike route right over to us! Here's a taster!

These images of Las Bardenas Reales speak for themselves - you don't need any Spanish, but don't be fooled by this picture of Capadocia that slips in by way of comparison!

Now I'm back to finishing my travel blog and get the recommended routes up to date!

Cheers

Simon

Posting Photo's. 2 years, 11 months ago #63422

britfrog wrote:
the one thing for me to advise is do no more than 250 miles a day unless you are on motorways and need to get to the interesting stuff. The thing to bear in mind all along is that it is a holiday , not an endurance test,. I fyou plan 250-300 mile legs you can stop for lunch , stop and admire the scenery without feeling under pressure to be on the move all the time. And also once in the pyrenees speeds are lower so distances take longer and there are so many breathtaking views to photograph.

Can someone please tell me how to get over this perennial photo-posting problem on this Forum.
These photo's of Nigels just display a thin strip not the whole photo. Last time I had the same problem if I clicked post in new Tab it opened up fully, but not this time.
I really want to see them.

Ted.

Re: Posting Photo's. 2 years, 11 months ago #63424

Ted,
Its the nut behind the handlebars that needs adjusting!
firstly what program do you use to look at pictures in your computer?
normally if you left click on the .jpg file it should open up the picture or if you right click on it and say open in new window it should open it up
what version of windows are you using and what internet browser?
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by britfrog.

Re: Posting Photo's. 2 years, 11 months ago #63426

britfrog wrote:
Ted,
Its the nut behind the handlebars that needs adjusting!
firstly what program do you use to look at pictures in your computer?
normally if you left click on the .jpg file it should open up the picture or if you right click on it and say open in new window it should open it up
what version of windows are you using and what internet browser?

Nigel.
I am on Windows XP. I use Google Chrome browser but I also tried Int Explorer.
If I left-click it opens up but only a strip of the picture.
If I right click and open up in new tab, just the same.
I just did right click and open in new window and it worked.
Many thanks.
Ted.

Re: Posting Photo's. 2 years, 11 months ago #63430

take my advice bin google chrome and use mozilla firefox

Re: Amazing view on the N260. 2 years, 11 months ago #63433

The Spanish Biker wrote:
Hi Ted,

We'll be at La Pobla de Segur then, so you'll pass right by us. If you plan a night nerarby there is always Casa Lola, of course,
Simon

I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else near you Simon.
We are not carrying camping kit.

Ted.

Re: Posting Photo's. 2 years, 11 months ago #63437

Ted99uk wrote:
britfrog wrote:

Can someone please tell me how to get over this perennial photo-posting problem on this Forum.
These photo's of Nigels just display a thin strip not the whole photo. Last time I had the same problem if I clicked post in new Tab it opened up fully, but not this time.
I really want to see them.

Ted.

I have no problem posting picture on this forum, it must be something you guys are doing cheers spud
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Re: Never Been to The Pyrenees. 2 years, 11 months ago #63438

IMG_0521_2011-08-27.JPG

You may well see yourself on this photo cheers Spud

are you using the add file/insert in the attachments part of the screen
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Redmurty.
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds