Adventure Bike Rider

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

The Suzuki DR thread.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: The Suzuki DR thread.

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 6 days, 14 hours ago #579134

PHILinFRANCE wrote:
Sure i have a spare casing around here somewhere if you want Sarge , wouldn't mind the old one to hang on the wall at the Shack for beer tales


Oi!!!

I've got first dibs, I've given Sarge a replacement casing and gasket with the bike.

I want it on my garage wall
one-legged adventurer

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 6 days, 13 hours ago #579158

Well it is yours just put a foot note mentioning the field doctor
I'M HERE FOR A GOOD TIME NOT A LONG TIME

dordogneholidayvillas.com/properties/chez-jax/

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 6 days, 11 hours ago #579182

PHILinFRANCE wrote:
Well it is yours just put a foot note mentioning the field doctor


I will put it on a plaque with 'Phil and Bob dun this'
one-legged adventurer
The following user(s) said Thank You: PHILinFRANCE, Brenhden

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 6 days, 1 hour ago #579204

So the re-build of 'Donk' begins, just couldn't live with Purple and Yellow !

Before


DR650forsale004.JPG


Take down

2_2017-04-21.jpg

Found Chesil Beach under the Starter Motor

StarterMotor.jpg



Primer

1.jpg


Top Coat

NewColour.jpg


Engine with new Cam, Piston Rings, HD Clutch Springs.


NC2.jpg


More to follow :-

And before anyone comments, the vacuum cleaner in the background was put there by 'her in doors' 2 months ago hoping I could fix it !!

Sarge
Last Edit: 6 days, 1 hour ago by The Sarge.

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 6 days ago #579213

Excellent work Sarge, your exactly right about the pebbles, they did come from Chesil beach.

Have you checked the NSU screws, I did them nearly three years ago so it would be interesting to see if they're still tight.
one-legged adventurer
Last Edit: 6 days ago by boboneleg.

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 5 days, 23 hours ago #579224

boboneleg wrote:
Excellent work Sarge, your exactly right about the pebbles, they did come from Chesil beach.

Have you checked the NSU screws, I did them nearly three years ago so it would be interesting to see if they're still tight.


Replaced the NSU screws with lockwire bolts Bob

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 5 days, 20 hours ago #579266

Were they still tight, I loctited them and used anti-vibration washers.

All good info for the Aussie Donk.
one-legged adventurer

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 4 days, 16 hours ago #579444

boboneleg wrote:
Were they still tight, I loctited them and used anti-vibration washers.

All good info for the Aussie Donk.


Bob, they were tight enough but lock wire is pretty infallible and I had the kit available.

Anyway here's what it looks like now it's all back together :-

image_2017-04-22.jpeg


The Kent Cam has made a tremendous difference, really great low to mid range torque now, and well worth the small amount of money for such a big gain. Changed the gearing for a 43T rear sprocket and replaced the shagged front with a new 14T, also raised the bars an inch, which is still at tad low, probably going to fit a fat-bar conversion as I have most of the parts, As you can see the rear rack is on, but I am having to modify the bashplate as the fit is not right, too much resonance, but the bike is now riding lovely,. New front pads and all the fluid replaced it actually stops now, scared the shit out of me when I first rode it as I was used the Brembo kit on my CCM So just waiting for the new decals and seat cover and all the yellow will be gone, then I can start adventurising it, out with the electric glue kit and some pannier racks first, be interested to know what you guys did for a taller screen, and has anyone fitted an 18" back wheel , the 17" looks poxy plus it's a non common tyre size to my other bikes, would a DRZ rear wheel fit, not bothered about the Cush drive ???

Sarge
Last Edit: 4 days, 16 hours ago by The Sarge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boboneleg

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 4 days, 14 hours ago #579465

Looks like a different bike now

DR350 rear wheel fits, can't remember if you need to use the cush or non cush drive wheel but you will need to use the 650 spacers, disc and sprocket (if you're using 525 chain).

Do a search on ADV rider - Bikes - Thumpers - the DR650 thread, plenty of info on there.

advrider.com/index.php?threads/the-dr650-thread.135295/
one-legged adventurer

Re: The Suzuki DR thread. 4 days, 13 hours ago #579475

boboneleg wrote:
Looks like a different bike now

DR350 rear wheel fits, can't remember if you need to use the cush or non cush drive wheel but you will need to use the 650 spacers, disc and sprocket (if you're using 525 chain).

Do a search on ADV rider - Bikes - Thumpers - the DR650 thread, plenty of info on there.

advrider.com/index.php?threads/the-dr650-thread.135295/


Doh ! I sold a pair of DR250 wheels last year, tne rear was Cush drive too !!!
Last Edit: 4 days, 12 hours ago by The Sarge.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds