Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Hi, you're seeing this message as you've no Flash Player installed

6 months with a Sertao, report.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 6 months with a Sertao, report.

6 months with a Sertao, report. 1 year, 2 months ago #240125

Well I have had the Sertao for 6 months now so I thought I would give you an update.

Miles so far 9480.

Farkles to date
Touratech upper and lower crash bars.
Adjustable screen bracket
Extra LED back light
Givi top box
Bar risers
Dakar seat
Headlight protector
K60 rear tyre TKC80 front

Av. Mpg 65.1 with mixed use but above 50% has been at a steady 75-80 on the dual carriageway commute.

Best mpg 74.3 on an A road bimble to the coast.

Worst mpg 57.8 during a sustained high speed motorway run with luggage.

The bike has been ridden all through winter with minimal cleaning and the finish has held up extremely well with just some signs of corrosion on the top triple clamp and on 2 fasteners.

The bike continues to be one of the best if not one of the most exciting I have ever owned. She is better on the lanes than I am and the ability to go from motorway cruiser to green lane hack with just a quick press of the abs button never ceases to amaze me.
She handles really well even with knobblies once you get used to them. I know this bike is often referred to as a good bike for inexperienced riders and while that is true, I think this does not accurately reflect what it is capable of doing with the more experienced rider on board. Back roads are it's real forte and the suspension smooths out imperfections while keeping everything in check extremely well. Having said that the front is soft and she dives like Tom Daley at the slightest whiff of front brake. I plan to fit emulators to try to improve this.
Acceleration is good and there is enough performance to happily see overtaking moves on the motorway performed without worry. The delivery though is great on loose surfaces and it seems to add traction where you wouldn't expect there to be any.

One side effect is that even after 300+ miles a week commuting on her I still can't resist a weekend ride no matter what the weather. This is causing a back log of jobs around the home though.

I really do think that this is the do it all bike that many are searching for and I can see many happy years together.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Sertao, 600 Bandit, Serow XT225 & Vanvan

The following user(s) said Thank You: africajim, Steve T, Redmurty, Paul-S

Re: 6 months with a Sertao, report. 1 year, 2 months ago #240134

DSC08614ABRAC.jpeg

A photo of the trusty steed.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Re: 6 months with a Sertao, report. 1 year, 2 months ago #240137

cant argue with that

looks a great bike .. 9000 miles in six momths cant be wrong ..recoment the ricor valves no tuning no holes to block up ..work both ways close at the top when chassis goe down open at the bottom when suspension moves up ..very clever very effective

..my klr was transformed they are worth the money and then some ..great product :)if they didnt work id just say so ... go for it

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by minkyhead.

Re: 6 months with a Sertao, report. 1 year, 2 months ago #240138

If I bought one,,,,, would I have to wear that twat suit??????

One of those nights! Too much whisky! LOL!
!

Friday night, lot of whisky! LOL!
Rhetorical question!
Honda, the power of dreams.

Re: 6 months with a Sertao, report. 1 year, 2 months ago #240140

africajim wrote:

!

Rhetorical question!

all depends if you are a twat ..i guess
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Re: 6 months with a Sertao, report. 1 year, 2 months ago #240142

africajim wrote:

!

Rhetorical question!

I know I look a right knob in it but it was £40 and does for the lanes. Also it makes me look right'ard don't you think

PS you owe me a whisky for that.

Re: 6 months with a Sertao, report. 1 year, 2 months ago #240143

Minky, thanks for the input I have heard alot of good things about them. Did you fit your own and if so do they just fit on top of the springs and are they bike specific.

Re: 6 months with a Sertao, report. 1 year, 2 months ago #240144

Dubber, as I know you so well, and know you are not what I would class as a twat (odd fellow or weird dude),
I concede to owing you a dram sir! Hope to see you soon! (Possibly the stella?)

Right ard?? Sounds like sommat Hudders would say down t't pub! LOL!

Looks the part and that's what matters mate, suits you sir.

Re: 6 months with a Sertao, report. 1 year, 2 months ago #240146

Jim, still working on a plan for the Stella but in case I don't make it hope you both have a great honeymoon/celebration after the big day.

Re: 6 months with a Sertao, report. 1 year, 2 months ago #240147

minkyhead wrote:
africajim wrote:

!

Rhetorical question!

all depends if you are a twat ..i guess

Who you calling a twat? LOL!!!! It'sFriday night!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds