Hi, you're seeing this message as you've no Flash Player installed

KTM 690 Enduro
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: KTM 690 Enduro

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150082

• Tramp
  • 1200cc
My thoughts people
the ktm690 is a great bike and with larger tank and adv fairing its far better than the ktm640 and I know some that have done 40-50k with no probs..if you ride very hard technical stuff get one it will be far lighter and better than the xt600z ..

reason its lighter had netter suspension and better weight distribution..but at a cost of a few pennys more ..

BUT as most arent that skilled on the trails a xt660z will be fine..think of it as a 75% bike and the ktm the other 25% when will you need the other 25%?..

And any bike can ride where a ktm does its down to tyres and rider ability..but it will be harder to do..
ccm 644 ds...solo adventurer...happiest on the trails
The following user(s) said Thank You: NDC.

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150104

Tramp wrote:
My thoughts people
the ktm690 is a great bike and with larger tank and adv fairing its far better than the ktm640 and I know some that have done 40-50k with no probs..if you ride very hard technical stuff get one it will be far lighter and better than the xt600z ..

reason its lighter had netter suspension and better weight distribution..but at a cost of a few pennys more ..

BUT as most arent that skilled on the trails a xt660z will be fine..think of it as a 75% bike and the ktm the other 25% when will you need the other 25%?..

And any bike can ride where a ktm does its down to tyres and rider ability..but it will be harder to do..

Tramp (once again) you are absolutely right on all counts

Now, in other news, here is some more knarly 690 action from the lads at Adventure Spec

Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
The following user(s) said Thank You: NDC.

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150120

woah there... before your head swells too much to get in your helmet tramp, i have to say you're only 75% right....

the 690 (and 630 and x-c) is easier to ride on the trails than an xt660z, no matter how skilled or unskilled you are.. mainly that's because of the weight... and if you are unskilled, it will make even more difference. put simply a light bike rides better offroad... of course not very many 690 riders will use the extra 25% of their bike and still do just what the guys on the xt660's are, but they will only be working at 75%, whereas the tenere's will be working at 100% or close to it (or 110% in some cases..)

of course you may disagree and 45% of the time i do talk bollocks, but all i know is that 87% of the time a transalp needs two people to pick it up...
Chris

G650 X-Challenge
'91 XTZ750

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150127

• Harty
  • 1200cc
A question I have about the 690R is, yep i agree it's a great off roader, but what about doing long distance road work to get to the trail. With a decent cowl/fairing, what kind of comfortable speed can you cruise at??
KTM690 Enduro.....eat my dirt!

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150128

• herman
  • 1200cc
All I know is that if I could afford one I'd have a rally raid prepped 690 in the garage. I am working on the several cheap bikes filling niches at the moment tho. I think you need to have a go on my 200 Tramp.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150135

• Tramp
  • 1200cc
HERMAN- I know where youre going..fast light excellent suspension...but you have to stand up all the time on the road...

Orlando- I can and do often pick my bike on my own but its so much a nicer way to meet people saying..here mate give us a lift..ha ha

Harty-
Dazedproductions rides. His all over europe on road so he's the guy to ask..

and I still say a ccm644 is good..and I suppose the differene between a modern engine and a old school is...fix it yourself

I have atransalp because I like the v-twin engine and cant put up with the ktm950 fueling otherwise i`d be orange or black
ccm 644 ds...solo adventurer...happiest on the trails
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Tramp.

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150143

• Harty
  • 1200cc
Tramp wrote:

Harty-
Dazedproductions rides. His all over europe on road so he's the guy to ask..

and I still say a ccm644 is good..and I suppose the differene between a modern engine and a old school is...fix it yourself

I have atransalp because I like the v-twin engine and cant put up with the ktm950 fueling otherwise i`d be orange or black
CCM = Chinese Cheese Machine
KTM690 Enduro.....eat my dirt!

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150170

• ChasF
  • 800cc
Harty wrote:
A question I have about the 690R is, yep i agree it's a great off roader, but what about doing long distance road work to get to the trail. With a decent cowl/fairing, what kind of comfortable speed can you cruise at??

When I have MT21s on mine and the 15 tooth sprocket fitted it will 'cruise' at 110kph + - wind blast is the limitation. I don't know how good the Rally Raid fairing is. Needs an improved seat for long distances. Obviously goes just as well on Mitas tyres but the whining noise hets on your nerves after a short while!

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150180

• MR X
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 1200cc
When they look this good why would you not wont one !

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150185

• NDC.
  • 1200cc
  • I Like It Rough
MR X wrote:
When they look this good why would you not wont one !

Want one

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150254

So do I.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Mr Free Market.

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150278

that is soo good looking ...
i wish they would combine the 640 with the 690 and come up with a
... comprimise ...
they could call it the 665
its a great bike ..

.. what i mean is a more comfy seat a bigger tank fairing and screen as standard just to round it off a little more for the long haul
but i aggree its a great looking machine
i think they will reinvent the 640 before too long least i would hope that they do

i think for me its a bit to radical for what i want ....but
yes i would like one but me head tells me no .....
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Last Edit: 2 years ago by minkyhead.

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150353

& then, as if by magic, this appears for sale

www.adventurebikerider.com/forum/28-for-...-ktm-690-enduro.html

Actually, I saw it on eBay a few days ago

Last Edit: 2 years ago by Mr Free Market.

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150357

It's not magic, it's just advertising

If you want to sell a bike, best plan would be to let people know about it

but I put my post in the for sale section, thanks for the extra coverage

GS

Re: KTM 690 Enduro 2 years ago #150373

• exrm193
  • 1200cc
I had one for 3 years or so. Great bike. Awesome power & superb suspension.
The seat was horrendous. Mega pain after only a couple of hours.
If loaded up with luggage etc, refuelling was a PITA with the fuel cap being behind the seat. crap fuel range with the standard tank (110 miles)
I fitted the mapping switch up on the handlebars which made life much easier.
Spares prices!!!! OUCH.
Over £700 for the bigger Aqueline safari tank. That is SERIOUSLY NOT FUNNY.

I've now got a Honda XR650L. Big step down in power and performance, but so much more comfortable and easier to ride.
Do I miss the 690............not really.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by exrm193.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds