Adventure Bike Rider

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Hi, you're seeing this message as you've no Flash Player installed

Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 6 months ago #129325

Don't think so. Not too sure how it works. Ifit float like in some cars I suppose you could bend it as trial and error but I'd be wary of trying it. Bugged me at first but got used to it. Now that its run in and restricted I get about 205 to 215 to reserve.
XT660Z

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gavinskii, Tenere Mart

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 6 months ago #129606

Rox Risers - has anyone fitted these to their Tenere yet?

After yesterdays jaunt, I'm considering fitting some which will give a 2" lift, however I really don't want to mess about getting longer cables. Will I need to?
R1150GS AJP PR4 200
Scorpa SY250 Long Range TY175 Twinshock
KTM 200 EXC Loncin 110
2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 6 months ago #129615

• Phil
  • 1200cc
Gavinskii wrote:
Rox Risers - has anyone fitted these to their Tenere yet?

After yesterdays jaunt, I'm considering fitting some which will give a 2" lift, however I really don't want to mess about getting longer cables. Will I need to?

yep same here, if some one can confirm this i will get some.

AS for the fuel guage...its mad. did 270 miles of motorway / A roads and bits of town and wasnt even on reserve (on 1 bar)...filled her up and could only get 13.5 litres in! When riding the passes in the Lake district it didnt know what was going on...i had 2 bars, then 4, then 1 then 2 and so on

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 6 months ago #129636

• herman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 1200cc
Phil wrote:

AS for the fuel guage...its mad. did 270 miles of motorway / A roads and bits of town and wasnt even on reserve (on 1 bar)...filled her up and could only get 13.5 litres in! When riding the passes in the Lake district it didnt know what was going on...i had 2 bars, then 4, then 1 then 2 and so on
Had the same on the Fazer, thought at one point where the hell did all my fuel go then realized I has just gone over the edge as it were. I dont get those sort of hills round here.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 6 months ago #129640

the fuel guage is normal ...you have 7 litres reserve ...you may not have noticed
or may ...thet when the last bar flashes it starts to count up how many miles you have travelled on reserve ...i have had 78 miles with the bar flashing but i would
bottle out at 60 to be safe
i have 3inch raisers on the tenere ..which raises the bars another inch ..ove also cowhorned them a little which doesnt bother me normal riding but makes them a good angle off road ...the 3inch raisers are all i need im 6ft 1in tall but you may have more to come with the rox
mine were cheapies from mand p 39 quid you need m10 75ml bolts to fit them

www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?catref=...-Sided-Round-Raisers

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gavinskii

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 6 months ago #129643

Thanks Minky, thats very helpful
R1150GS AJP PR4 200
KTM 200 EXC Loncin 110

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 6 months ago #129646

• Tenere Mart
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 1200cc
  • Life is too short not to be
Still love the little bike bell.....on the handle bar ....mink
MART

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 6 months ago #129653

Tenere Mart wrote:
Still love the little bike bell.....on the handle bar ....mink

xmas present off me little grandson ...had to be fitted martin ... if you measure bikes by the amount of fun you have had the tenere is up there near at the top of my list its been a hoot .. a great bike for me ...and still is
if it was a little closer to the gound and 25ks less heavy it would be close to perfect

By minkyhead at 2010-12-25

Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by minkyhead.

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 5 months ago #130730

Look what just turned up

Farkles.jpg

Nice set of Rox Risers (7/8" / 22mm) + a rather tasty Motion Pro 22mm wrench / tyre lever (super lightweight only about 100g !).

Both of these bits ordered from Chris @ www.twowheeltrekkers.co.uk/ (as seen advertised in ABR magazine) yesterday at 3.30pm and with me this morning Great service!
R1150GS AJP PR4 200
KTM 200 EXC Loncin 110

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 5 months ago #130748

• Scott_rider
  • 800cc
  • KTM 450 EXC-R & Yamaha FZS 1000 Fazer
Nice bike .

I'm also new to the Tenere having bought one about a month ago and I'm very pleased with it. I've also got a KTM enduro bike (a 450 EXC-R) and whilst it obviously feels completely different to that bike I have to say I've found the Tenere a lot easier to ride on the greenlanes than I was expecting.

I'm going to get one of those Adventurespec bashplates/bars next week.

Mine has got:
Bar risers and Renthal Fat Bars
The Kev fuel mod
Leo Vince cans

I'm also going to change the Michelin Siracs for Conti TKC80s next week too.

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 5 months ago #130754

dont get road salt on it!!!

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 5 months ago #130830

motorbike wrote:
dont get road salt on it!!!

whys that .... doesnt it wash off on a tenere???

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 5 months ago #130844

• Tenere Mart
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 1200cc
  • Life is too short not to be
I had all sorts of poo poo on mine . fish n chips sauce mayo , and slan n vinigar ... good wash down and a doese of ACF 50 has never hurt it ...
MART
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Tenere Mart.

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 5 months ago #130878

Nice bike.
I also have one those fancy wrenches for the rear wheel nut.
Manual says 75 ftlbs, make sure someone has not over tightened the nut before you use your wrench or it could bend.
I also use those Michelan sirac's, but then I ride mainly on roads that are usually wet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gavinskii

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 5 months ago #131411

Well in between the torrential downpours I took the opportunity to fabricate a auxillary socket holder (courtesy of Dark Knights design - further up this thread), its not as well finished, but I only had some basic tools available

IMG-20120429-00735.jpg

Next up was fitting the 22mm Rox Risers, I was pleased to find that I had enough slack in the various cables and hoses to mount these.

IMG-20120429-00734.jpg
R1150GS AJP PR4 200
KTM 200 EXC Loncin 110

Time to create page: 0.50 seconds