Adventure Bike Rider

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Hi, you're seeing this message as you've no Flash Player installed

Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 7 months ago #120726

Andy, that is a stunning offer. I certainly will

Are you able to ride the day before (Sat)?
R1150GS AJP PR4 200
Scorpa SY250 Long Range TY175 Twinshock
KTM 200 EXC Loncin 110
2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 7 months ago #120732

There is a couple of things that need doing to this bike.

1) The rectifier connection plug is open to the elements and mud/water gets in and corrodes it rendering the battery cooked or flat. Solution is to cover it up and/or put some sealing mastic on the top where the wires enter the plug.

2) The steering head stock does not have a great deal of grease in it and needs stripping and loading up. A easy job on this bike.

3) The cush drive rubbers are crap (i.e. too loose and wear out quick) and to make them last longer, they need to be packed out a bit by putting pushbike inner tube bits around them.

Otherwise its the dogs danglies.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Old Git Ray.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gavinskii

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 7 months ago #120755

Tomsdad wrote:
Gavinskii wrote:

Are you able to ride the day before (Sat)?

I'm helping with the set up on the Saturday,but I did hear that a ride is being organised for some TRF guy's traveling over for the weekend....is that you and your mates?

Could be...I think one of the lads put something up on the Devon TRF site, I will check later.

Are you around for a few beers on the Sat night?
R1150GS AJP PR4 200
KTM 200 EXC Loncin 110

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 7 months ago #120765

Jelous

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 7 months ago #120837

I've uust sold my xt660,i bought a Nitro FUEL COMMANDER for it,never got around to fitting it,it's Brand new and whatever set up you decide upon this thing will sort it out as it gives you a choice of multiple fuel maps.PM me if you want it,yours for £30+postage,gaz

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 7 months ago #120847

• Gary117
  • 1200cc
Great bike
Bought a new one in 2009 owned it for 18 months.
Just alittle tall for me at 5ft 8ins when using it off road.

2011 Bmw F800GS

2011 Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Gary117.

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 7 months ago #120852

Very nice bike, in that it looks like nothing else on the road. Its as if someone has punched it in the headlight!

I really like the dials being so high and facing straight at you and the very comfy seat.
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 7 months ago #120862

If you are using the 660 Ten on a wet road, the Michelin Siracs give you significantly more grip than the standard tyres.

That touratech power socket is useless, just another example of BMW propriety pricing policy as nothing fits it, we made our own, file attached.
Attachments:

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 7 months ago #120869

• Will
  • 1200cc
Hi nice looking bike got twin Remus cans on mine made little bit of difference and much lighter
CCM 644 ds
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Will.

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 7 months ago #120985

[attachment:2]Ten2.JPG[/attachment]

Attachment Ten.JPG not found

Had a 09 Ten for about 2years (just bought 800gs). Great bike. Looks and feels the business.

CAme with barkbusters, scotoiler, ali sump guard. My mod's included front mudguard, bar raisers, peg extensions, headlight protector, drop tooth on front sprocket (screws up speedo though), Leo Vince single exhaust (took off for green laning as too loud and std exhaust covers were handy for supporting soft panniers!)

TT do a bracket so you can attach sat nav/iphone holder to bar behind screen.

If you plan on doing any night riding you will need to add spots or beef up the headlight bulbs.

Fitted TKC80 (back), then Conti T63 (front and back). Was going to try Mitas E09 on back but sold before fitting. T63's were very noisy on the tarmac. Got about 4k miles on back tyre.

enjoy your new bike

cheers
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."....Easy Rider
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by royle100.

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 7 months ago #121033

Firstly, nice "Ten", enjoy riding her. I love mine & can't wait for this year's trip

As to farkles etc, this is what I have done so far...

1. TT braided front hoses & Hyperpro front folk springs - I can't comment on the amount of improvement as I got them dealer fitted

2. TT handguards

3. TT Zega luggage - heavy, but excellent

4. Camel toe

5. Adventure Parts rear rack

6. Taller screen

7. TKCs - I think they are an excellent tyre

With regard to exhausts etc, my XT660X has a PC 3 & Scorpion cans

Frankly, its a complete pain in the proverbial - I've never managed to get the set up right. Having said that, the MTC solution is one that I'll be looking into shortly

Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 7 months ago #121036

• jaz1259
  • 1200cc
Now then these are awsome bikes being careful what mods you put on though because it's never going to be super fast but you'll damage the MPG.
A mate of mine upgraded with power commander and some other bits and was consistently only getting 45 MPG

On a good note I was riding mine today and did 300 miles to a tank and it was still going

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 7 months ago #121039

To return to your original point about shedding a bit of poundage, you could also look at fitting a tail tidy & getting rid of all that plastic the hangs off the rear end
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 6 months ago #125037

Managed to find a couple of hours free today to do some farkling

First job - fit the new GiT bash plate (got it from Adventure Spec - not cheap but well made and fits really well)

MoleValley-20120406-00668.jpg

Next up was fitting the wider footpegs (as recommended by Minky and kindly donated by TomsDad)

Before

MoleValley-20120406-00669.jpg

After

MoleValley-20120406-00670.jpg

Next came the Touratech gear lever (thanks again Tomsdad)

MoleValley-20120406-00672.jpg

.....and finally a couple of stickers

MoleValley-20120406-00671.jpg
R1150GS AJP PR4 200
KTM 200 EXC Loncin 110

Re: Just bought a new (to me) bike Tenere. Could do with a bit of guidance too 2 years, 6 months ago #125039

bloody hell thats looking the business
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds