Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Hi, you're seeing this message as you've no Flash Player installed

Lazer Monaco review - my 2p worth
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Lazer Monaco review - my 2p worth

Lazer Monaco review - my 2p worth 2 years, 3 months ago #133909

I've had a Monaco helmet for about 6 months now and I'd have to disagree with the 8/10 rating in this months reviews - half of the vents on top of the shell can't be shut at all so cold air and water flood in and the front release button can't be used while I've got gloves on as it's right up above the chin strap so not only do I have to take my gloves off I also have to release the chin strap to open the shell, much worse than the Revolution helmet that Lazer made before - I went through 3 Revolutions over the years and they were great.

On a positive note the photochromic visor is nice and does work well although the seal could be better as the rain does get in.

Anyone else found the same or have I got a duff one?
Harv

Re: Lazer Monaco review - my 2p worth 2 years, 3 months ago #134392

• lazer
  • 50cc
Hello HarveyCamm,

Thank you for the feedback,
The inconvenients you mention can be easily solved with the accessories we supply with the Monaco.

The "rain stopper" that totally block the top vent in extreme wet conditions.

The "diffusor" that regulates the air income of the top vent.

The new generation "chin curtain".

Please let me know if those accessories were not in your box, so I can send them to you directly to keep enjoy riding with the Monaco. Please provide me your complete address.

All the best
The following user(s) said Thank You: K16Dave

Re: Lazer Monaco review - my 2p worth 2 years, 3 months ago #134459

Hi
I don't remember extras or extra instructions in the box. The instruction booklet didn't give much help on using the front vent for example - is slid left on / off / half vent etc. The problem with the release button isn't the chin curtain but the amount of space to get a finger in - on the Revolution there was a simple pinch release on the front I could use even while riding if needed, on the Monaco I just can't get a finger to the release with the chin strap fastened - perils of buying online I suppose .

Contact me direct on This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it if you want to send me the extras to try
Thanks
Harv

Re: Lazer Monaco review - my 2p worth 2 years, 3 months ago #139489

Hi all
well the parts arrived and I've been trying them out:-
1) The internal vent diffuser makes the thing more comfortable even when fully
open.
2) The new chin curtain does make it easier to get to the release button but I
did have to remove the whole mechanism and vent housing to change it.
3) The rain blockers - reduce the amount of air flowing in but I've not had
enough rain recently to be able to assess how well it works in a British
downpour - maybe this Bank Holiday .

Good try Lazer - nice to know feedback does get to manufacturers

Re: Lazer Monaco review - my 2p worth 2 years, 3 months ago #139490

• lazer
  • 50cc
Hello Harvey,

Thank you for the feedback, looking forward for the Bank Holiday

Lazer

Re: Lazer Monaco review - my 2p worth 2 years, 2 months ago #142660

Greetings,

I am considering buying your helmet, and as there is no dealer near me, my purchase would be online, with virtually no service after the sale. So I want to be sure I will receive the latest and greatest of the chin curtain and whatever else.

Can you tell me a way to verify the helmet I order is the leatest and greatest, or would you be able to send me the updated pieces as you did for the other user, if they come in wrong?

Re: Lazer Monaco review - my 2p worth 2 years, 2 months ago #143242

• lazer
  • 50cc
Hello,

Thank you for considering buying the Monaco, you should check the 3 pieces in the photo below: the new chin curtain, the vent diffusor and the rain stopper. The helmet itself did not change.
Feel free to ask us to send you those pieces if their are not delivered with you Monaco, we will send them to you door directly.

Feel free to contact our closest national distributor : www.lazerhelmets.com/dealer-locator/
or contact me any additional information.

Nils
Lazer

Re: Lazer Monaco review - my 2p worth 2 years, 2 months ago #144104

• miss
  • 50cc
hello
I have the same problem as the fellow above, I get water for making superior aeration, my helmet came without the "rain-stoppers", and the new lower chin.The new generation "chin curtain"
I bought a helmet online store English as in Spain where I am, the importer is at more than 600km from my house.
could you tell me where I can buy rain-stoppers, and the new lower chin? rope in the page or see where to purchase, thank you very much I leave my mail.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

pdt. I have registered my helmet with the warranty extension on the official website of leisure, meaning through the same page they asked the same question that you and I have answered, the store where I bought the helmet, not answers.

Otherwise the town is great

Re: Lazer Monaco review - my 2p worth 2 years, 2 months ago #144239

• lazer
  • 50cc
Hello Miss,

You will receive an email from our distributor in Spain within the next days to solve your question.

All the best and thank you for your trust.

Nils
Lazer Helmets
The following user(s) said Thank You: davsato, miss

Re: Lazer Monaco review - my 2p worth 2 years, 2 months ago #144248

• davsato
  • Everyone knows at least one Dave
well done lazer

Good to see a manufacturer interested in their customers!
Dave
Fareham, Hants.
i am not a cockerney, london is up north to me
Varadero XL1000VA6
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds